Chapter 37: Building

EM

I left Tommy on the bank of the lake and tried to find something to make a bandage out of.

"Don't bother about me, Em. Go build our hut so that you can leave me inside it," Tommy said as I foraged through the leaves on the ground.

"Okay then," I said and picked up the wood planks. I placed the wood planks down like I had been taught to in Minecraftia. The first layer was done by the time it was mid-afternoon.

"Tommy, how high do you want the ceiling?" I asked as I started on the second layer.

"A block above our heads, I guess," he replied from the lake.

I continued to build the second layer, making nothing fancy. We did not even have glass to make windows out of. Then, a good idea popped into my head. We could make a watchtower instead, since we would have to face so many mobs.

"Tommy, what about a watchtower instead?" I suggested. "Cool," he said.

I set to work making the third layer. By the time the first storey was done, the sun was already setting. I went over to the lake. Tommy had managed to move himself some more into the water, hiding himself from approaching enemies.

I pushed him along the soil and into the hut just as night fell, shutting the door behind me.