Chapter 48: Death

TOMMY

Em brought her golden blade down towards Herobrine's head. His white eyes seemed to express a surprised look, his mouth gaping. Em's blade was coated in Herobrine's slick, dark red blood.

Just then, I remembered the potion, Destruct J01. I took the bottle out and sloshed the liquid over Herobrine as he lay crumpled on the floor. He shrieked, the acidic concoction burning his flesh, tearing him apart.

Em and I stood motionless, staring in horror at the gruesome scene before us. Herobrine was smoking, his limbs crumbling to dust and vanishing. He was writhing in agony as the acid took effect on his chest, ripping his body into dust.

After a minute, all of Herobrine had disintegrated, and all that was left was a small pile of dust, which was soon gone as well. Em looked at me.

"What have we done?" Em asked, her voice trembling.

I was still speechless.

Finally, Herobrine was dead. The world was finally peaceful.

"We'd better go check on Aly," I said, avoiding her question.

Em nodded. We headed downstairs to look for Aly. We found her sitting on the marbled flooring of the potions lab, looking around in confusion.

"What have I done..." Aly was mumbling over and over, tears streaking down her face, washing away the mud from the Nether. Her eyes were the normal mousy brown now, not the lifeless white of Herobrine.

"Aly, let's get out of here," Em said gently and helped her to her feet.