Chapter 9: Fortress

TOMMY

Herobrine's orders sent me walking back into the treasure room. Then, a rectangle of obsidian appeared. My master was summoning me. The portal lit itself in a swirling pattern of purple and white sparks.

Tommy, step through the portal.

I went through the portal and felt the now-familiar spinning sensation as I was transported between dimensions. As I exited out of the portal, I heard the distant wail of a ghast.

I was in my master's territory now. He would give me protection and tell those creatures not to attack me.

Go to my palace.

Herobrine's order entered my mind and I headed along the well-worn path towards the Nether Fortress. It was about a hundred blocks away from the portal.

The fortress was an imposing structure in the Nether. In fact, it was the only thing that was not natural there. There were tall obsidian and nether brick pillars that spiralled up towards the ceiling. The roof, which was barely visible, cast a shadow on the already dark and gloomy front of the palace.

I pressed my palm against the rough stone door and the door creaked open. Stepping into the carpeted hallway, I noticed a zombie pigman wearing a golden helmet. My guide. Herobrine always sent these creatures to bring me to wherever he was.

The pigman led me up the spiralling quartz staircase and we went up toward the domain of my master...