Chapter 26: Struggles

EM

Tommy bent over me, holdjng the vial of mysterious black thing. I closed my mouth tight, kicking his legs with all my might. But he was oblivious to the kicking and pried my lips apart. The black liquid flowed darkly down the vial.

Desperate, I pushed with my body, and Tommy's hand jerked upwards, sloshing the liquid onto my body. It stung like acid, but I ignored it and continued to kick. My sword was lying a few inches away from my body. If I could reach it, I may be able to kill him and get Aly back.

I struggled in his strong grasp, my arm inching out of his arms. At last, my arm was freed and I stretched out. My sword was just out of reach. Tommy saw what I was trying to do and kicked the sword away from my outstretched hand.

There was no hope left. My sword flew into his hand and he held it against my neck. The tip brushed against my neck, causing blood to trickle out of the cut. I needed to distract him. But if only he even could be distracted.

"Tommy, I just want to know, why do you even want to kill me?" I asked, a seemingly futile attempt to buy time.

But to my surprise,Tommy seemed hesitant and unsure. He paused, as if listening to something or someone. "Because my master hates you, that's why." He still sounded like he did not believe himself.

Maybe there was hope after all.