XXXVII | I'm the problem it's me

The walls were bloody and an ugly shade of dark grey. It wasn't like in the movies, and that dissatisfied eun. Eun always though of coming to juvenile,  not as a visitor though.

Jerry and eun and an officer walked inside a room, a glass wall dividing the room into two. The officer walked out, shutting the door behind him. Jerry stood silent behind the door, as eun took a seat on a taped up chair. She waited for jake to arrive on the other side of the room, and finally he did walk in. Eun stood up. His face had a big scar and his hair was cut short. The look on his face wasn't something one would have after seeing a close friend after years.

"Eun. Hi." He said and took a seat. Eun looked at him with surprise. "Sit." He offered. Eun took a seat still staring. "Hi? You're saying hi when you're in juvie for hurting people!" Eun says, her voice filled with anger and dismay. Jake sighed. "What do you want me to say?" He says. "Apologies maybe? You didn't pick up my calls and became a mob and  you're in juvie." She says. "I'm sorry." He says. Eun sighs. "Why?"
Jake shaked his head." "I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." He says, chuckling. "That's not true. You weren't always like this."
"Well people change, get over it."
"What do you mean get over it. We used to be friends, and this much i know you'd never do something like this. Did someone force you? Were you framed? I can—"
"Damn it eun, I'm not being framed or anything. I'm here because i did commit fraud. Can you just accept that."  Eun loomed at him with disbelief, slamming her fist in the glass. "Fucking ass. You really did that? Why but—"
"I did it because i wanted money. I love money and I'll do it again for money. And the only reason you think i wasn't always like this was because i didn’t join a gang until you left. I joined a gang, fell for money and that's it. The end?" Eun sat there for another couple minutes in silence. Then she stood up, slammed her fist in the mirror and looked jake dead in the eye. "Don't show me your fucking face again." She said calmly and walked out. Outside, Jerry tried to talk to eun but she walked away without speaking another word.

Inside the room, jake sadly smiled at the silver that slinged to his fist, walking away.

*

eun walked inside with a sigh. Hana spares her glance. "I thought you went to meet the love of your life jake?" Hana says teasingly, not getting the reaction she wanted, she glanced at dad, who was staring into space.

"Somethings wrong with you guys." Hana says with a sigh, walking out, pas eun. Eun stood across the kitchen, her dad's back to him.

"Did you meet jake?" He asked her hesitantly. "Did you know?" Eun asked him. He turned around. "Look eun—"
"Did you know?" He nodded. Eun disappointedly took a seat at the kitchen table. "Look eun. I know jake and i knew his father. He isn't what you think." He assures. "I think jake is a mobster, a fraud and a goddamn liar." She says. "I can't say he's not that, but he's also the jake you knew." Eun sighed. "Is he? He said he wasn't." Her dad sighed. "We all say things we don't wanna believe." Eun looked into space silently for 5 minutes straight.

"Can we go back? To seoul?" Eun asks her dad. He looks away and sighs. "Yeah."

*

Eun, dad and hana left for seoul the next day. The ride back was long and silent. There was just hana humming to the songs on radio in the back seat. Eun slept and looked out of the window the entire ride. She thought of where it all went wrong. Was it something she did? Or was it something she didn’t? She had no answers, no one did.

Sad arc I know :[ but i swear it's only getting better from here :D