Poor Soul

Maeve's Pov

I walk into the kitchen and let out a big sigh, I see Tom sat at the dining table with a box of cereal in his hands.

He eats the cereal from the box, "What's up?"

"Your brother just tried to kiss me." I say as if sit down next to Tom.

Tom gasps slightly, "Well, Did you want him to kiss you?"

"Of course i do", I sigh in annoyance, "But my body is telling me no, not yet, now's not the time."

"Will there be a time?" Tom asks.

"Yes, i'd love a boyfriend like him", I say, "A kind, funny, amazing soul like that, it's not something you see very often."

"So, let it happen." Tom reassures me, "My brother has gone his whole life not feeling loved at all, he needs this and by the sounds of it, so do you."

"Yeah", I sigh, "Oh my god, he must think he's done something wrong! I'm an awful person."

"Trust me Maeve, he's used to it."

I gasp, "That's awful, I should go check if he's okay."

"I, uh", Tom says, "I don't think there's any need."

I look at him confused and turn around, Bill comes walking in, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Global warming." I say in a panic.

"Boobies." Tom says, panicked too.

Bill chuckles as he sits down next to me, "Global warming and Boobies, a combination of words i never thought i'd hear together."

I roll my eyes and snatch the cereal box from Tom's hand, "Stupid ass." I whisper.
"What? You're the one who said global warming!" He whispered back.

I take the cereal out of Tom's hands and speak, "So, tell me about the tour."

"Well", Bill pipes up, "We leave in a weeks time, I'll come pick you up and we'll come back here as the tour bus is picking us up from here, then we travel Europe!"

"I like the sound of that." I smile before turning back to Tom, "I can't believe you said boobies."

"You still haven't gotten over that?!" Tom groans.

"No, of course i haven't-" I stop half way through speaking as i feel a hand grab onto my thigh. I look down and see Bill holding my thigh, moving his hand closer to my inner thigh.

"I, uh" I snap back to reality, "I haven't, boobies! Out of all things."

Bill squeezes his hand tight on my thigh, "What do you expect him to say?" He giggles.

"Exactly, my point!" Tom says annoyed.

I scoff and slam the box down on the table, "Have your cereal back."

Tom snatches the box immediately, "lecker!"

I look down at my thigh and then back up at Bill, he starts taking his hand of my thigh thinking that i didn't want him doing that.

I immediately hook my hand over the top of Bill's and place his hand back there, keeping my fingers interlocked with his hand.

I go close to his ear, "Don't worry about what happened, we'll forget it ever happened."

I pull away and smile at him, Bill rests his head on my shoulder and mumbles, "thank god."
Tom scoffs, "Make both your minds up!" He rolls his eyes and storms out of the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Bill hums and lifts up his head.

I look at him and look down at his lips, "I, uh", I snap back to reality, "I should get going, really."