I Need A Minute

"I, i think i need a minute." I say as i walk out the room, "Or two."

I walk out and shut the door behind me in shock, "holy, fuck." I slightly slouch against the door and breathe uncontrollably.

Out the corner of my eye, i see Tom approaching the room with two cups of something in his hands, he walks up to me, "Is everything okay?"

I turn to Tom, "Maeve was pregnant."
Tom's jaw dropped, "What?"

"But the pills killed the baby, i-" I breathe out, "Oh god, i'm a horrible person! Why did i walk out the room?!"

"Hold up, pregnant?!" Tom says about of disbelief.

"That was my exact reaction." I sigh, "I've got to go back in there-" I reach for the door handle but the shouting of Tom stops me.

"No!" Tom shouts, "Don't you dare."

"What, Tom? She's my girlfriend."

"Yeah! Who's probably breaking down in tears as we speak, and you really think you bursting back in there is an amazing plan?! God, Bill! Knock some sense into that tiny brain of yours!" Tom says, "Let me go in and speak to her."

"Fine!" I say, "You two might as well be a couple! She seems to enjoy kissing you as it is!" I quickly storm off into the hospital corridor, i need to find some where to get all these thoughts out of my head.

I storm out of the entrance doors of the hospital and feel as ease as the cool air hits my face, seen as i haven't left the hospital in days.

I see a bench just outside the hospital entrance and slowly make my way over to it, i slouch my body down on the seat and look as the world passes by me.

Not long after sitting down, i feel the presence of someone else sat next to me, i look to my side and see Nurse Sophie.

Sophie sighs as she looks into the distance, "Do you blame her?"

"God no!" I say, "I'm just shocked, what makes you think i'd blame her?!"

"Maeve asked me to ask you that." Sophie puts her hands up in defence, "Don't blame me."

"Of course i don't blame her, it's just.." I stutter in disbelief, "It's just mind blowing how i was going to be a father and she was going to be a mother, and we had no idea."

"Well, you would've eventually." Sophie chuckles.
I roll my eyes, "I know that."

"So, what are you feeling?" Sophie asks me and nudges my arm.

I sigh, "Glad, the fact i'm not going to be a parent at this age, but sad at the same time because what if that was our only opportunity at having a child." I say, "What if because we lost this one, we'll never be able to have another?"

"There is a chance of that happening, you're right." Sophie says, "But Maeve's body is completely healthy, so there wouldn't be any reason for you guys to not conceive again." She sighs, "But you've got to remember for the future if Maeve will be in the right mental state to have a child. Not that you should be thinking about that anyway, you two are only just children as well!"

"Yeah, you're right." I say, "Fuck, you're always right."

***

Maeve's pov

I watch as Bill storms out the room, making my heart drop to the floor.

Sophie looks at me from the end of the bed and sighs, "Do you want me to go talk to him?"

I nod, "Please, i don't think i can at the moment."

"Okay, sweetie." Sophie gets up from the bed and goes to walk up to the door.