Are We Too Young For This?

TW⚠️: Hurtful words, Mention of Bullying.

Maeve's pov

Me and Bill lay in his bed, under the covers as i snuggle up to his chest with my arms wrapped around his waist.

A sudden thought pops into my head that i meant to ask him when we were on the tour, but that sort of didn't happen!

I look up at him, "Bill?"

He looks down at me tired, "Yes, my love?"
"Don't feel like you have to tell me anything but.."

Bill's pov

"Don't feel like you have to tell me anything but.." She pauses, "What actually happened that made your life so horrible?"

"I, um" I sigh, "I could name you 100 things that made my life horrible."

"Tell me, baby." Mae hums, "I'm here for you."

"I guess i could tell you about my school experience..."

...

May 12th, 2004

I groan in annoyance as my alarm wakes me up, that same alarm that wakes me up five mornings of the week.

I know every time i hear that alarm i have to go back to the pits of hell, school.

The place where i get bullied for just being me.
Both me and Tom get grief on the daily, and it's for lots of things.

For me, it's my style, my piercing, my hair, my clothes, my so called 'attitude' and past traumas that have happened for me.

For Tom, it's his dreads, style, his passion for playing the guitar and the worse possible one, being my brother.

Yep, that's right! People bully Tom because i'm his brother, his twin.

It's petty really, bullying my brother just because he's my brother.

But Tom doesn't mind, as it's less people picking on me, and i love him for that. No matter how bad the bullying gets, Tom is always there. He is my guardian angel and i am his.

As our mother always said, be there for each other and don't hold back with your words no matter how hurtful they are.

I yawn and stretch my arms up in the air as i sit up, i groan before swinging my legs over my bed and standing up.

I looked out my window as i do every morning and see my mother planting some new flowers, planting flowers is like her therapy just like music is mine and Tom's therapy.

I lean over and open my window, "Morgen, Mama!"

("Morning, mum!")

Ma looks up from her planting and smiles at me,
"Morgen, Bill!" She says happily.

("Morning, Bill!")

As much as i'd love to continue talking to Ma, i have to get ready for school.

I smile back before walking back into my room, i walk up to my wardrobe and start looking through it for my outfit of the day.

I hear slight knocks on my door, i smile and reply, "Ja?!"

("Yes?!")

Tom pops his head through, "Das kam für Sie in den Briefkasten." He hands me a letter, the writing i swear i've seen it before.

("This came in the mailbox for you.")

I look at the letter confused, "Oh, ich weiß nicht – egal, danke!" I grab the letter in confusion and smile as Tom walks away from the door and shuts it.