A Sad Side

FOR RECAP, READ 'It's Never Goodbye.'

TW⚠️ Sexual Language Used

...

Bill pulls into the driveway of my home after just dropping Julie and Phil off at the airport. I turn to him and sigh, "I miss them already."

Bill places his hand on my thigh and pouts out his lip, "You'll survive, my love."

"I know, i know." I say, "I just love them so much."

"How about we get inside and i'll make us a hot chocolate? How's that sound?" Bill smiles.

I smile back, "Sounds like an awesome idea." I say as i open the door to the car and step out.

As i step out, a shiver runs across my body, like the feeling that someone is watching me. I look around the parts of the neighbourhood i can see from my driveway, but i don't see anyone.

"weird." I mutter to myself as i shut the car door, still feeling uneasy.

I walk up the driveway to my house and notice Bill stood at the front door looking at me while pulling a face, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I look back at the neighbourhood, "Nothing."

***

Later that evening..

I walk out of my bedroom after getting ready for work and see Paddy snuggled up to Bill as they sit on the sofa and watch tv.

I smile, "You alright there?"

"Duh, i'm cuddled up with the world's cutest dogs." Bill says as he plays with one of his dreads through his fingers, "You off to work?"

"Unfortunately." I sigh, "That means i'm going to have to take Mr Paddy with me."

"But i'm so comfortable!" Bill groans, "Fine, i'll hug the cat instead."

I smile as i turn around, "Come on, Paddy!" I hear small, happy footsteps follow behind me as i walk to the front door.

I clip Paddy's lead to him before opening the front door, "Bye, love!" I shout at Bill as i step out.

"Bye, baby!" I hear him shout as i close the door gently. I walk up to my car and open the door, letting Paddy jump into his side of the car as i sit down.

I shut the door and start the engine up immediately, I back out of my driveway and start driving down suburbia.

As i do, i look out my mirror and notice a car driving behind me closely.

"Absolute dick." I mutter to myself as i take a turn down the road, hoping the car would get off my tail.

I look back out the mirror and notice the car is still following me, closely. I scoff, "The fuck? Get off my tail, dick!" I shout to myself furiously.

Luckily, the car takes a sharp right and follows down the road, finally getting off my tail.

I drive as i sit there with my thoughts, why do i recognise the car that was following me? It's weirdly familiar, i don't like.

I brush it off as i continue to drive to work.

***

30 minutes later...

I pull into the parking spot near my office building and turn the engine off, i turn to Paddy and pat his head gently, "Shall we go, my big fluff?" I chuckle before turning to my door and stepping out of it, i grab onto Paddy's lead and let him jump out the car.