Grief

12:30 pm

My father is dead.
Gone, forever.

Same with Mum and Macy.

I think about it all while i sit in a confession room in a police station, I'm waiting for Detective Skys to come back in the room.

I know that Tiff and Bill are waiting outside, as Tiff has already been questioned and Bill is waiting to be support for me.

The door opens and in comes Detective Skys, "You're not in trouble, Maeve." He says as he shuts the door, "You're completely fine."

I examine Skys looks as he walks in.

Maybe in his mid 40s, a beard with greys coming through, an uneven hairline with slicked back hair and a beer belly that's waiting to bust out of his suit.

He sits down at the other end of the table, "Now, i know this might be sensitive to you right now, but tell me was your father showing any signs of wanting to commit?"

"What do you mean?" I grit out harshly as i try to contain the tears falling from my eyes.

Skys sighs, "Tell me anything, Maeve."

"Well, i knew my father was going to go crazy." I sigh, "We just lost Macy, his true love."

"So your mother?" Skys says as he writes in his notepad.

I hold my tears in, "No, Mum died over 12 years ago now. Macy was our neighbour when we first moved to Germany." I smile, "But Dad and Macy grew a love for each other."

"So from my understanding and having a conversation like this with your sister Tiff, Macy had an illness?"

"Yeah, she got diagnosed about a year ago and we knew it was time for here to leave this earth soon but it came to a shock when she did." I sigh.

"Were you ever told what it was? Her illness?"

"Dad didn't want to worry us, so he never told us." I say.

Skys writes more on his notepad, "Would you like to know what actually happened to your father? It's completely human if you don't want to."

"Yes, please." I say as i choke back on my tears.

"Were you aware your dad owned a gun?" Skys asks.

I nod, "Yes, he brought it a little over a year ago."

"He, very sadly, shot himself in the head with that gun." Skys sighed.

I clear my throat, "Tell me, do you believe in signs? Like from our loved ones?"

"Is there something you want to tell me, Maeve?" Skys says as he looks up from his notepad.

I gulp, "Nope."

"Okay." He says suspiciously, "Now, is there anything else you can tell me?"

I shake my head, "No."

Skys puts his notepad away and looks at me, "Now, we don't expect you to take this well."
I sit up in my seat, "What?"

"You need to be put in immediate foster care." Skys says.

I shrug, "That's fine, Tiff will be with me."

"No, Maeve." Skys sighs, "As part of the law, you two will be put in different foster homes."

"WHAT?!" I exclaim, "No, you can't do that."

"You and Tiff are aloud to keep contact, even meet up with each other, but as part of the Protection Law, you two can't be in the same home." Skys says, "You'll have lovely foster parents, their names are Julie and Phil! They're waiting for you as we speak."