Together

"Bill?" I stutter.

Bill looks at me confused, "Maeve? What are you doing here?"

Before i answer Bill, i examine his looks. He still has the same dress sense, but his hair is completely different. He's obviously grown out his hair and now spikes it up, i kinda like it.

"I'm shopping, obviously." I say back.

Bill stutters, "why didn't you answer my calls, or text me back?"

"Because i only just got my phone back today." I say back, clearly annoyed.

We all stand there awkwardly as me and Bill don't break eye contact, Georg breaks the silence.
"Hey, so we're doing a celebration party tonight! Wanna come? Itll only me, Bill, Tom, Gustav and um-" Georg asks happily.

"Shut up, Georg!" Bill quickly interrupted him.

I stand there confused, "I'll have to find a way to get away from my dad, but yeah!" I smile, "I'd love to."

"Great, i'll come pick you up on my way there! You still live at the house you did before?"
"Been there for the last year." I smile.

"Wait." Bill interrupts us, "You've been here, in this town, the whole time?!"

"Bill, i don't have time for this." I say.

"No, i think you do!" Bill raises his voice, "You left me."

"I never wanted to! I was taken, against my will." I say back as i raise my voice to, "Look, i've got to continue shopping so can we just catch up tonight?" I roll my eyes, "Bye Georg."

I walk away and don't even bother to say bye to Bill, i can't bring myself to talk to him.

I feel tears build up in my eyes again, i really thought he still loved me! What was i thinking, he has another girlfriend. I'm so stupid.

15:34 pm

I walk up Macy's driveway and up to her front door, i open it and walk inside.

"Macy, i come with food!" I shout as i shut the front door.

"Ah, yes!" I hear Macy weakly say, "I was getting hungry."

I smile as i walk into the front room, where Macy basically lives as she can't move off the sofa that much due to her illness.

I place the food bag down as i sit next to her on the sofa, "I need a favour."

Macy sits up and looks at me concerned, "What is it, Mae?"

"I'm going out tonight and i need you to vouch for me, say i'm here or something." I huff.

Macy has actually been helpful with sneaking me out to places, at least someone still wants me to have a life.

"You're going to be the death of me, girl." She smiles, "Of course i will."

"Thank you, i'll go put your shopping away." I grab the food bag and walk into her open kitchen, there's no wall between the living room and the kitchen so Macy continues to talk to me.

"So, where are you going?" Macy asks.
I sigh as i unpack the shopping, "To Bill's."

"What?! You found him?" Macy says concerned.

"Yup, and get this", I scoff, "He has a new girlfriend, he never even broke up with me!"

"Were you guys even together, Maeve?"

I sigh as i walk up to the fridge and start putting things away, "I don't even know! i'm mean, we fucked twice, surely that's got to mean something."

"Woah, to much information there, Maeve!" Macy giggles, "And you're right, that does mean something."