Chapter 2 - Swordsman!

"Old man, why did you call me here?"

The speaker, Torajirou Shiro, has grown up since being adopted by Torajirou Nangou fifteen years ago.

He has now lost his youthful naivety and grown into a handsome young man, dressed in a black casual outfit.

Although he appears quite slender at first glance, a closer look reveals the outlines of his abdominal muscles visible through his black casual wear, along with glimpses of bandages under his sleeves.

His height of 1.8 meters does not make him stand out in a crowd, but his white hair and golden eyes always attract a lot of attention.

Although the memories of Torajirou Shiro's previous life have become somewhat blurry due to reincarnation, he is still an adult at heart.

While he is very grateful for Torajirou Nangou's act of adopting him, he is not keen on calling him "grandfather".

Fortunately, Torajirou Nangou does not mind how Torajirou Shiro addresses him, so since he could speak, Torajirou Shiro has always called him "old man".

"Touka has already gone to Hagun Academy to study. What are your plans now?"

The man Torajirou Shiro calls "old man" asked, but Torajirou Shiro could not discern any of his thoughts from those squinted eyes.

"What else can I do, other than to continue staying here and practicing swordsmanship? Do you also want to drive me away?"

Torajirou Shiro asked with a frown, puzzled, but Torajirou Nangou's answer was a bit unexpected.

"I indeed have that in mind. After all, you have already learned everything I can teach. I don't know if you saved the world in your past life, having such high mana and talent..."

After saying this, Torajirou Nangou paused, glanced at the bandages showing from Torajirou Shiro's sleeve, and continued.

"But as you know, I can't solve your problem, so you'll have to find other ways yourself."

"However, rest assured, I will try to ask around for people I know."

"I heard that the second princess of the Vermillion Empire faces the same situation as you. She plans to join a Mage-Knight academy in a couple of years."

"When you come back to attend Hagun Academy after training for two years, you might just meet her and discuss a solution together." Torajirou Nangou gave his advice.

"Forget it, going to school and meeting a princess? Where does this novel-like plot come from? There are so many good Mage-Knight Schools out there, and even if Hagun academy is considered good, there are still 'Bukyoku', 'Donrou', 'Kyomon', etc. Why should I have to choose Hagun?"

Torajirou Shiro waved his hand, turned around, and left.

When he reached the door, he turned back to look at Torajirou Nangou.

"I will find a way to solve my problem in these next two years. Just wait and hear good news of me making a big splash at Hagun Academy."

Even if he complained, Torajirou Shiro still accepted the old man's suggestion.

"That is really something to look forward to."

Torajirou Nangou was still smiling, but it was clear that he was quite happy.

"Also... thank you for taking care of me all these years, and I'm leaving now."

Having said that, Torajirou Shiro hurriedly left the place, leaving Torajirou Nangou muttering to himself.