Chapter 27: Finn's Wish!

Shiro came in and was immediately confused by the situation.

From his perspective, from the moment he came in, Apollo glanced at him and then started spitting blood.

The protection mechanism in the seal was automatically triggered, and after leaving a bunch of incomprehensible words, he returned to heaven.

The captain of Apollo Familia, after seeing his beloved god returned to heaven, left the meeting room as if he had lost his soul, to carry out the last orders left by Apollo.

"So what were they here for?"

"Apollo probably wanted to probe the secrets in you but got counterattacked and nearly killed himself."

Shiro remembered the skill he possessed, named [Celestial Star Spirit's Protection].

He had guessed that the one who could resurrect him and grant him the ability to traverse different worlds must be stronger than the gods of this world.

However, he hadn't expected that a mere counterattack from the blessing on him could send Apollo back to heaven.

"Wait a second, if Apollo returns to heaven, will other gods know about my problem?"

This was the most severe situation.

If Apollo returned to heaven and retained his memories from the lower world, even if he couldn't descend again, as long as he informed other gods who were about to descend to the lower world, they would find a way to uncover Shiro's secrets.

"Well, you don't have to worry about this; Apollo is already 'dead'."

As a partner, Loki still has the obligation to clarify Shiro's doubts.

"You might not have noticed, but Apollo's divine power didn't actually resist the counterattack from the blessing's owner on you."

"Should I say they were of the same origin? Instead, Apollo's divine power was turned against him, used as a knife to bring about his downfall."

With palms joined, she sliced downward in a forceful cutting gesture.

"He's been killed by his own divine power, and it will take tens of thousands of years before he can be resurrected. Now that he's returned to heaven, he's in a state akin to sleeping from a human's perspective."

"The words from before were Apollo's last words, huh." Shiro murmured.

"Then about the reincarnation..." He couldn't help but ask.

"That's true. Why do you think some gods don't want to fall in love with mortals?" Loki questioned.

"It's because their lifespans are too short. If a god falls in love with a mortal, the god is always the one who ends up being heartbroken."

"However, there are also gods like Apollo who seek out their partner's reincarnation."

"However, gods of such nature are more likely to be feared and shunned by mortals, rather than being seen as romantic."

Her expression was slightly despondent; it looked like she also feared that one day, the children of her Familia would all leave her.

However, Loki's mood was not depressed for too long, and she quickly returned to her usual cheerful demeanor.

"Let's not talk about this anymore; the expedition is about to start."

"Finn learned that you have a magical artifact and wanted to ask you something, but I can't make that decision for you. I just want you to make sure to come back alive."