Chapter 31: Application of Ability!

At this moment, the worm monster that Shiro had killed suddenly began to swell.

He realized something was wrong and tried to retreat, but another worm-like monster extended a tentacle-like weapon from its mouth and firmly entangled his sword-wielding hand.

Instinctively, Shiro slapped the tentacle with his left hand, trying to shake it off.

Then, the tentacle that had wrapped around his right hand started to break off piece by piece.

Finally freed, he immediately retreated, his right hand now unbound.

After reaching a certain critical point, the worm-like monster in front of him suddenly burst open, and a fountain of acidic liquid capable of corroding weapons spurted out from its body.

Fortunately, at this time, Riveria's voice also sounded from behind.

"Archers, fire!"

Whish, whish, whish—!

A rain of arrows flew towards the monsters in front of Shiro.

Thankfully, these worm-like monsters did not possess strong defenses, which allowed the heavy and powerful arrows to penetrate their bodies quite easily.

However, before the rearguards could celebrate, the arrows began to dissolve upon contact with the acidic blood inside the bodies of the worm-like monsters.

"Alicia, lead the archers and continue shooting arrows."

"Vanguard, abandon your offensive weapons and hold shields to confront the monsters ahead!"

"Riveria, let me touch all the bows and arrows!"

As Riveria issued the commands, Shiro moved to her side.

The arrows that penetrated the monsters' bodies would slowly dissolve over time.

So what if they were endowed with the concept of cutting?

Although imbuing so many arrows with this attribute would consume his magic reserves at a terrifying rate, fortunately, what Shiro had in abundance was magic power.

Riveria looked at him for a moment before deciding to trust him.

Soon, new arrows, imbued with an incomprehensible power, pierced the bodies of the worm-like monsters.

Upon having their magic stones pierced, the monsters exploded like volcanic eruptions, and acidic liquids splashed everywhere.

The vanguards, holding shields to block the advancing monsters, quickly retreated.

As the vanguards fell back, more monsters from behind replenished the front lines, thus causing the battle situation to suddenly be in a stalemate.

"We're running out of arrows!"

Another piece of bad news came out.

Running out of arrows meant that their side would lose about half of their firepower, which would quickly shorten the hard-extended battle line.

"Tempest!"

A familiar voice came to Shiro's ears, followed by a golden figure rushing out from the adjacent grey forest.

"Ais!"

Alicia shouted excitedly beside him, and the faces of the other Familia members also lit up with hope.

With her sword wrapped in emerald wind, Ais plunged into the swarm of worm-like monsters.

The acidic liquid, capable of melting blades, was repelled by the wind.