Chapter 48: The Murder Case in Rivira Town! (Double Chapter)

Shiro and his companions entered the Dungeon at noon.

As they descended, monsters emerged from the shadows, only to be swiftly eliminated.

Perhaps the dungeon sensed their overwhelming strength, so the monsters' appearances gradually dwindled as the party progressed.

They soon reached the 17th floor, crossing the upper floors with ease.

"Ah! This feels so much better!" Tiona exclaimed, brandishing her newly made Urga, the second generation of her signature weapon.

"Wait, Tiona-san, when did you get your Urga? Didn't you say you were still saving to buy it this morning?"

Tiona chuckled, thinking of the exasperated glares from the blacksmiths she had pestered.

"Oh, this? Since I didn't have money, I kept visiting the blacksmiths to check on my new weapon. They got fed up with me and just gave it to me, saying I could pay them later!"

"I can only imagine the suffering of Goibniu Familia blacksmiths..."

Tione muttered under her breath as she extracted a magic stone from a slain monster.

Ais and the others continued their journey, traversing the floor's caves and caverns as they headed towards the 18th floor.

"Hmm~ Finally, a break," Tiona sighed dramatically, stretching her arms as if she had been the one doing all the fighting.

Shiro playfully knocked her on the head.

"Don't act like you've been fighting all this time. I've been the one in charge of handling all the monsters along the way."

Tiona stuck her tongue out playfully at him.

"Ehehe? Anyway, let's head to Rivira town first. We need to sell these drop items."

"No! Please let me take them to Orario and sell them there!" Torajirou, the self-proclaimed penny-pincher, interjected with a serious expression.

Remembering Rivira's exorbitant prices, Shiro shuddered at the thought of spending even a single valis here.

"No, we should still go. We didn't bring any camping equipment, so we have no choice but to rest in Rivira town," Finn pointed out, highlighting a crucial oversight in their planning.

"Damn it..." The white-haired boy grumbled under his breath.

Arriving at the entrance of Rivira town, Shiro stared at the archway constructed from wooden pillars and flags.

"I've always wondered, what does the number '334' on the gate signify?"

"That's the number of times Rivira town has been rebuilt. This is the 334th generation," Riveria explained.

"Meaning..."

"This place has been destroyed more than 330 times."

Both Shiro and Lefiya's eyes widened in shock at Riveria's revelation.

It was also the first time Lefiya knew the meaning of this number.

Although monsters couldn't spawn within Rivira, the town seemed to suffer greatly during every abnormal situation within the Dungeon.

As they entered the town and walked along the streets, Tiona and Tione chatted amongst themselves while Shiro trailed behind, silently counting on his fingers, calculating the day's expenses.

"Something's not right," Riveria observed, her keen eyes scanning their surroundings.

Despite being within the Dungeon, the 18th floor was considered a safe zone.