Chapter 36: A New Commission!

"Torajirou-san, it's time to get up!"

Raul's voice came from outside the door, and Shiro struggled to climb out of the confines of the quilt.

The continuous days of expedition, coupled with a midnight chat with Lefiya about the exploration, had left him utterly exhausted, missing the time to get up.

After breakfast, Shiro was dragged by Tiona and the others to deal with the expedition matters.

Before he knew it, he was naturally moving along with the executives of Loki Familia.

"We'll have a celebration at the Hostess of Fertility tonight! So, don't be late!"

They left Twilight Manor under Loki's watchful eyes and headed to the busiest area in Orario—Northwest Street.

Under Tiona's lead, Shiro visited Dian Cecht Familia for the second time.

"Welcome, members of Loki Familia," they were greeted by the familiar silver-haired girl.

"Amid, long time no see!" Tiona greeted her cheerfully.

"It hasn't been long since I last saw you. Torajirou-san, your last visit left a deep impression on me," Amid said, glancing at Shiro with her purple pupils, then added, "You're here for the previous adventure commission, right?"

"Um, is it convenient now?"

"No problem, please follow me."

Led by Amid, Shiro and the others reached a corner of the service room.

"I'm terribly sorry, the meeting room is currently occupied. Would it be alright to talk here?"

"It's fine. Here's the commissioned spring water. Please check it," Tione said, taking out a bottle of spring water from her bag and giving it to the silver-haired girl.

Amid picked up the spring water from the table, examined it carefully before setting it down.

"No issues here. I've indeed received it. Here's your compensation."

Amid took out a large box filled with potions, about tens of thousands of them. It was the commission reward.

The small bottles piled up together, creating a visual impact.

"Torajirou." Tione called out to Shiro, who was zoning out.

The moment he took out his Gift Card, the dense pile of potions vanished instantly.

"That's an amazing magic tool. May I know where I can purchase it?" Amid had seen Shiro's Gift Card before, but he had left too quickly last time for her to ask.

She had thought it could only hold a few items, but seeing it easily store tens of thousands of potions changed her perspective.

If she had such a convenient magic tool, then transportation of materials would be a lot easier.

"Is that so? If you buy all these rare items from us, we'll tell you about this," Tione seemed to light up for some reason.

"Cadmus Hide?" Amid checked carefully with gloves on.

"The quality is impeccable. Would you accept ten million including the information about the magic tool?"

"Twenty million." Tione seized the opportunity to start high, reminding Shiro of market hagglers who also doubled the prices.

"You really love to joke; the most I can offer is 11 million valis."

Ah, that familiar feeling.

Next, Tione would probably suggest 15 million, Shiro thought, silently observing.

"18 million, as you said yourself, the material is impeccable."

"12 million, I can't go any higher."

"How about a fixed price of 15 million? You know, the information about this magic tool is exclusive to Loki Familia. If you can't accept this, we'll sell to others."

The other party seemed to give up, sighing.

"Please wait here for a moment; I will go ask god Dian Cecht for instructions."

"15 million plus the right to use it once. After all, just knowing the information doesn't guarantee we can acquire the magic tool." When Amid returned, this was the deal she offered.

"Torajirou?" Upon hearing this, Tione looked towards Shiro.

After all, it was his magic tool, and whether to sell the information or not depended on his permission.

Facing Amid's request, Tione couldn't make the decision alone.

"No problem, but I must accompany its use. It's the restriction of this storage item."

Shiro was indifferent; after all, this was only about selling information about his Gift Card.

Naturally, the more expensive the price, the better.

With his promise, Amid visibly relaxed.

Having Shiro accompany them to transport materials was like gaining a free Lv2 combatant (PS: Shiro's upgrade hadn't been reported to the guild yet), which was actually beneficial for their Familia.

However, Amid quickly realized something.

"Accompany its use???"

"All we know is that this magic item can hold things and has a large space. We don't know anything about how to acquire it," Tiona said with her lively voice, telling the harsh truth.

Amid immediately looked at Shiro, hoping for a different answer, but he just nodded silently.

"So, I spent an extra 3 million or so just to buy a one-time transport and a Lv2 bodyguard?"

"More precisely, Lv3. Torajirou leveled up last night but hasn't had time to report to the guild," Tione corrected the error in Amid's words.

"Lv3? That's not so bad then, wait, Lv3??" Amid, who had just perked up, discovered another shocking fact.

She thought reaching Lv2 in a month was already impressive, but reaching Lv3 in just half a month was beyond belief, even the 'Incarnation of Talent' from years ago couldn't achieve this.

"Yep, we were also shocked when we found out yesterday."

Listening to Tiona, Amid could only sigh again; the shocks she received today surpassed those of an entire year.

She called the other members of her Familia, and they quickly prepared all the cash, wrapping it in a sack.

"Sorry, Amid..." Lefiya felt bad about Tione taking advantage of Amid. The elf didn't want to cheat on her.

"No worries, after all, I was the one who put Loki Familia in a difficult position and proposed the adventurer's commission."

Kind-hearted Amid had provided treatment for Ais and others many times, naturally understanding their character.

This has nothing to do with the interests of their respective Familia.

Ais and the others responded with smiles to Amid, and Shiro, following their lead, bought some potions as a gesture before leaving the Dian Cecht Familia.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)