Chapter 3 - Immense Magical Power!

"Let me explain," Torajirou Nangou, who was standing aside, spoke, drawing the attention of Toudou Touka and Torajirou Shiro, making both turn their heads towards him.

"The injury on Shiro is due to improper use of magic power."

"Improper use of magic power?" Both echoed in unison.

This remark also raised doubts in Torajirou Shiro and Toudou Touka, to which Torajirou Nangou nodded and continued.

"As you know, the Blazer test includes the option for magic control. Manipulating magic power is a complicated task. Mishandling it not only risks injuring others but, in the worst case, like what happened to Shiro, injuring oneself while using their abilities."

Toudou Touka immediately expressed skepticism.

"How is that possible? I've never heard of such an incident before, not even knights with F rank magic control have injured themselves just by using their special abilities during a competition."

Hearing Toudou Touka's skepticism, Torajirou Nangou nodded in agreement.

"Indeed, such an incident has never occurred from ancient times to the present. Injuring oneself merely by controlling special abilities should only be in theory."

"Then how could Shiro..." Toudou Touka was cut off mid-sentence by Torajirou Nangou.

"Because Shiro is special."

"Special?" Both echoed, puzzled.

Torajirou Shiro, who was initially listening intently to Torajirou Nangou's explanation, couldn't help but question along with Toudou Touka, even wondering if it was because he was a transmigrator.

"Yes, a Blazer's physical and manipulation abilities can grow through training, even luck can be increased through special abilities, but magic reserve is the most unique aspect."

"Is it because of fate?" Torajirou Shiro, rich in theoretical knowledge under Torajirou Nangou, guessed.

"Exactly. Magic power is intimately linked to a Blazer's fate because it represents the weight of their destiny. The fate of ordinary people is fixed and is clearly arranged from birth to death," he said, glancing at Torajirou Shiro before continuing.

"However, some people's destinies are far from ordinary. They are leaders of countries, heroes of wars, inventors changing the world. Blessed with such a heavy fate, their magic reserve is naturally bigger than most others."

After saying this, the old man sighed and continued saying.

"Shiro's situation is similar, with overwhelming magic power stronger than most but with a higher risk of losing control."

Torajirou Nangou's answer seemed to address why he was injured, but Torajirou Shiro understood he was more akin to an ordinary person than those great figures both in his current and previous life, and he noticed something Toudou Touka missed.

"Ordinary people?" He asked Torajirou Nangou.

Instead of immediately answering, Torajirou Nangou turned to Toudou Touka. "Touka, you should head back; it's getting late. I'll stay here to look after Shiro. It's not safe for you to go back alone at night. I'll have someone send you home."

This was a clear indication for Toudou Touka to leave, understanding that the next part of their conversation wasn't meant for her ears, so she promptly excused herself.

Torajirou Nangou then made a call to arrange someone to give her a ride.

Once he sensed Toudou Touka was far enough away, he continued to say to Torajirou Shiro, "The shackle of fate is very difficult to overcome, or rather, the mere thought of 'wanting to overcome fate' is wrong in itself. Fate is the absolute limit for most people."