Chapter 35: Level 3!

The magic stone lamp on the table emitted an orange glow, illuminating the parchment in hand.

Placing the parchment over the magic stone, it quickly caught fire and was soon reduced to ashes.

Shiro then turned to Loki and said,

"It's my turn now, right?"

Upon hearing this, Ais also left her stool, giving her seat to him and headed towards the door, seemingly to avoid suspicion.

However, her constant looking back made her departure less convincing.

"You've already seen my abilities; there's no need for you to leave."

Shiro wasn't so pretentious that he would be shy about showing his upper body, especially since his abilities were already known to the other party.

With permission granted, Ais trotted back and stood beside the white-haired boy, waiting for Loki to update his status.

A sensation like blood trailing over his skin brought back to Shiro memories of the past few days' thrilling expeditions.

"Hey, hey, this is outrageous!" Loki's shout interrupted his reminiscing and nearly deafened him.

"Can you quiet down?" Pushing away Loki, who was peeking over his shoulder, Shiro rubbed his ears and said, "Where is my latest status? Show it to me."

"Here," Loki handed the parchment to Shiro.

Curious about his updated status, Ais leaned closer, their heads touching as Shiro could even feel her breath.

Putting aside the strange feelings rising in his heart, he looked at the parchment.

Torajirou Shiro Lv2

Strength: I0 → SSS1156

Endurance: I0 → S996

Dexterity: I0 → SSS1163

Agility: I0 → SSS1170

Magic: I0 → SSS1399

Hunter: H

Magic: [Device] [] []

Skills: [Desperado] [Celestial Star Spirit's Protection] [Intuition]

[Companion's Bond]

"1100..." Ais exclaimed in awe.

After this expedition, aside from the endurance stat, which didn't surpass the 1100 mark due to him receiving few attacks, all of Shiro's other stats had exceeded 1100.

Despite being accustomed to the exaggeration of Shiro's skills, seeing an SSS rank in front of her still caused Ais to breathe heavily.

"Is this achievement enough to level up?" Shiro was prepared for the improvement of his ability values.

After all, he didn't care about honor or fame; he participated in the expedition only to defeat stronger monsters.

"You've had enough high-quality excelia to rank up multiple times. Do you want to level up now? Don't you have to improve your endurance stats?"

"No need, a difference of one or two hundred won't affect me much. Plus, the growth of other stats will slow down at this bottleneck. Rather than grinding these few points, I'd better level up and move to the next stage."

"Then I'll rank you up now. I really don't get why you seem more anxious than I am," Loki said, moving her hand behind the white-haired boy's back.

"This time's potential development abilities are swordsman and abnormal resistance. Which one will you choose?"