Chapter 18 - The Hostess of Fertility!

Clang!

An armadillo-shaped armored monster was knocked to the ground, defeated by Lefiya, who was holding a thin sword.

After the recent guidance, even though Lefiya still trembles at the sight of monsters, she has become able to confront these creatures that previously terrified her.

"Torajirou-san! I've taken care of it!"

Having killed the armadillo-shaped monster, Lefiya ran excitedly to Shiro's side, apparently waiting for his praise.

"Well done, Lefiya."

Come to think of it, has this elf girl's attitude towards him become weird after being swayed by his words?

Shiro removed the magic stone from the monster and stored it inside his Gift card, while Lefiya watched without surprise.

Shiro had already explained the spatial storage function of the item to Lefiya, and she simply marveled at how convenient the magic tools from another world were.

"That's enough for today."

It was already noon, and since Shiro had been dragged out by Lefiya, he hadn't had time to prepare any lunch, so they decided to head back to Orario to eat.

After returning to the surface, Shiro and Lefiya parted ways.

It was a good opportunity for him to take in the sights of a city in another world, as he had previously been spending all his time in the Twilight Manor or the dungeon since his arrival.

After buying a cream-flavored Jagamarukun from a street vendor, Shiro started wandering around the city.

Orario surprisingly matched his imagination of another world, with various beastmen and elves bustling through the streets, a mix of different races' habits and attire creating the city's vibrant atmosphere.

After finishing the last bite of his Jagamarukun, Shiro noticed a tavern on the street corner named 'Hostess of Fertility'.

It reminded him of the elf who had guided him the day before.

"Welcome, nya!"

Upon entering, he was greeted by an orange-haired cat-eared girl wearing the tavern's uniform, energetically welcoming customers.

"Eh? A new face, are you a new adventurer, nya? You're quite handsome."

"Yes, I guess. By the way, is Ryuu here?"

When Shiro asked if Ryuu was working here, the orange-haired catgirl suddenly became excited.

"Wow! Mama Mia! Breaking News! The man Ryuu found outside has come to our doorstep, nya!"

Anya ran over to a tall woman wearing an apron, dancing with excitement.

"Is the black dragon about to emerge, nya?! Even Ryuu, with her rigid-like view of love, knows to keep a man outside!! Is the world about to end, nya!!! I need to enjoy these last moments!"

As Anya was about to run upstairs to pack for her final moments, a hand grabbed her by the collar and pulled her back.

"After all, you're just looking for an excuse to be lazy, aren't you, Anya?"

Mama Mia, who grabbed her, showed a creepy smile.

Anya, realizing her trick to be lazy was seen through, immediately changed the subject.

"No... no, nya! Look at the new guy looking for Ryuu! There can't be any new adventurers in Orario that Ryuu knows. He must be a boy Ryuu's been secretly keeping on the side to fight off loneliness, nya!"