Chapter 46: Daily Life After the Battle!

The sound of blades clashing rang out.

Two figures intertwined rapidly in the courtyard of Twilight Manor, then swiftly separated.

In the period before dawn had lit Orario, Ais and Shiro were sparring in the courtyard as usual.

After their swords had collided once, Shiro suddenly sheathed his sword, prompting Ais, who was preparing to attack again, to also stop in her tracks.

"What's wrong? You seem very out of spirits today," Shiro asked Ais in front of him.

Unlike her usually sharp swordsmanship, Ais seemed hesitant in her attacks this morning, as if she was pondering something.

"Uh..." Ais appeared visibly disheartened by the remark, as if touching upon a sore subject.

"My sword... broke."

"Isn't the sword in your hand just fine?... Wait... could it be a temporary one..." Shiro glanced unconsciously at the sword Ais was holding, then asked, "How much was that sword again?"

"Forty million valis..." Ais hesitantly revealed the cost of the temporary sword.

Although it was just a substitute for the Desperate sword, a sword fit for a first-class adventurer was definitely not cheap, but forty million sounded like an exaggerated amount of debt.

As Shiro silently calculated how long it would take to save up forty million valis, he was at a loss for how to comfort the blond-haired girl, and the two ended their morning's practice in silence.

After washing off the sweat from the morning exercise at the bathhouse, Shiro headed to the dining hall, arguably the liveliest place in the entire familia.

Early in the morning, several people were already busy inside, as the Demeter Familia had already delivered a bunch of vegetables and fruits to the Loki Familia a few days ago, making salad and sandwiches the main breakfast for today.

After helping to set the breakfast and plates on the table with a few members, Shiro also sat down to eat.

The dining hall, filled with over fifty people, seemed a bit noisy.

Surrounded by chattering people, Tiona asked Ais.

"Ais, do you have anything planned for today?"

"I broke the temporary sword the day before yesterday, so I need to compensate..."

Everyone's gaze focused on the blond-haired girl, making her somewhat embarrassed.

After speaking, she immediately lowered her head and nibbled on her sandwich, seemingly thinking this would divert everyone's attention.

"So, you're going to the dungeon? I'll go with you too. Knowing Ais, she'll probably stay in the dungeon for a week."

"But..."

"No worries, I also need to save up for the second-generation large double-bladed sword!"

Tiona said, patting her barren chest.

Strangely enough, Tiona hadn't even saved up enough money for her own purchase before asking the blacksmith to make the second-generation Urga, leaving Shiro curious about the blacksmiths' reactions when Tiona couldn't pay up.

"Please let me help too," Lefiya also said eagerly.

"But Lefiya, didn't you team up with Torajirou? Is it okay to just leave him like this?"

"Eh?!" Lefiya looked at Shiro with watery eyes.

Swallowing the salad in front of him, Shiro said, "Then I'll come along too. But if we're gone for a week, we should probably inform Finn."