Chapter 25 - 18th Floor!

The Next Day,

After leveling up, Shiro, as usual, teamed up with Lefiya to enter the dungeon.

However, there was one difference today: their team had an additional member, Ais.

"Grrr!!!"

A group of wolf-like monsters appeared, named Hellhounds.

They were the primary reason for the annihilation of some adventurer teams between the 13th and 14th floors.

However, not long after these monsters appeared, three silver streaks flashed through them, and the newly spawned Hellhounds were sent back to the dungeon for resurrection.

After clearing these monsters, Lefiya went to collect the monsters' magic stones, while Shiro sheathed his sword and stared at his hands, lost in thought.

"What's wrong?"

Ais was the first to notice Shiro's unusual behavior and asked.

"Nothing, just feeling that I am indeed stronger than before."

The improvement from upgrading to level 2 was greater than the strength gain achieved from rank I0 to S999 in level 1.

Shiro truly felt himself getting stronger, but this rapid improvement also had its downsides; he couldn't control his body as well as before.

Take the recent killing of the Hellhounds, for example: he aimed to behead them with a single strike, but his enhanced physical condition caused him to move much faster than expected, nearly leading to a collision.

At lower floors, this was not much of an issue, but at higher floors, it could lead to serious injury.

Ais, with her abundant experience as an adventurer, could see Shiro's current problem at a glance.

"Adventurers often struggle to adapt immediately after their first rank up. This might mean a temporary decrease in combat efficiency or unfamiliarity with new abilities. However, as you keep fighting, you should be able to return to your normal state in about half a day."

This was the first time Shiro heard Ais speak so much at once, which was quite rare, but since it was advice from Ais as a senior adventurer, he took it to heart.

"Torajirou-san, the 17th floor is up ahead!"

"Then let's go."

Arriving at the Big Wall of Grief, it was as breathtaking as when he first saw it yesterday, but the traces of yesterday's battle had disappeared.

The dungeon has fully repaired everything and restored the scene to its original state.

The first great feat was achieved, and now Shiro was moving towards a broader horizon.

Stepping into the 18th floor, a vast new world unfolded before them, known as the safe floor, where monsters do not spawn, making it a popular resting area for many familias during their expeditions.

What came into their view was a vast forest, where countless green leaves formed a dome overhead, and light filtered through the gaps, adding a filter-like effect to the trio.

"Light?"

The first thing Shiro noticed upon entering the 18th floor was this; unlike the gloomy 17th floor, the lighting on the 18th floor was as bright as the surface during the day.

This was peculiar for the underground dungeon, where such light should not exist.

Ais thought for a moment about how to respond to Shiro's question, then decided it was better for him to see for himself and pulled him towards a certain direction.