Chapter 5 - The Interdimensional Gate!

"So you came back to see me and your new kouhai?" Torajirou Nangou asked with a smile.

"I didn't come back to see you, old man!" Saikyou Nene's face turned red as she yelled back at Torajirou Nangou.

As the comedic scene was about to end, Torajirou Shiro, who had been watching the drama unfold, finally spoke up.

"So, Senpai, did you come here for something?"

Before, he directly called her by her first name because she teased him, but now, in front of the old man, he decided to formally address her as Senpai.

"I heard from the old man, oh~ A natural-born Desperado, huh."

Saikyou Nene looked Torajirou Shiro up and down, then sighed after a while and put away her folding fan.

"If only Kuu-chan were like you."

"Kuu-chan?"

"My rival. She might seem harmless, but don't be deceived. She's a skilled magic knight and even placed third in the KOK A-League in the past."

"Third in the world?!"

This surprised Torajirou Shiro; he understood the significance of this ranking.

It was hard to believe that this seemingly outdated Lolita could rank alongside the third in the world. Indeed, looks can be deceiving.

"Let's not talk about that. If it weren't for Kuu-chan retiring, I wouldn't have been able to achieve third place in the world." Saikyou Nene seemed not too enthusiastic about this topic and quickly changed it.

"But a natural-born Desperado actually exists, huh? I thought the old man was joking... But why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Eh? I didn't tell you in the past few years?"

"Of course not, damn old geezer!"

Seeing that the two were about to start their comical drama again, Torajirou Shiro quickly interrupted.

"So, Senpai, you just came to see me?"

"Not really~ I heard about your decision from the old man~ He specifically called me back to be your 'fuse'~"

"Fuse?"

"That's right. Only a Desperado can completely suppress another Desperado~ Uncontrolled power of cause and effect can be quite troublesome, and you probably haven't practiced this aspect over the years."

Indeed, Saikyou Nene was specifically asked by Torajirou Nangou to come back as a safeguard for Shiro.

While someone could watch over him to prevent a magic rampage, the power of cause and effects is silent and could harm others inadvertently.

Torajirou Nangou couldn't always be by Shiro's side, as he had other disciples to train, so he sought out Saikyou Nene, who is also a new Desperado and was relatively free lately.

"It's time to raise a Shota~" Those were Saikyou Nene's words after agreeing.

...

The following days were monotonous.

Torajirou Shiro's need to practice controlling the power of cause and effect prevented Toudou Touka from visiting him+.

In her absence, his energy was drained by the outdated Lolita's chatter.

Worse yet, Saikyo Nene would use any excuse, like "checking his wounds," to touch him inappropriately whenever he was injured and hospitalized.

This continued until Toudou Touka went to school, and Saikyou Nene left because Torajirou Shiro was no longer at risk of uncontrollably unleashing his destiny-related powers.

As she left, she murmured, "Next time we meet, it's time to 'eat' you."

On the other hand, Torajirou Shiro, who was kicked out, was contemplating how to resolve his own issues.

Firstly, although his magic power no longer harmed him as easily, it still continued to increase as time passed by, now thirty times that of an average person, but his physical ability could not keep up.

Torajirou Shiro often thought, if he encountered a boss-level character and wanted to unleash a big move, but his body couldn't withstand the pressure and ended up showing the opponent a self-destructive fireworks display, it would be a historic moment for the league.

"Breaking News! The first Desperado who blew himself up!" and so on.

Secondly, the power of destiny, although he could control it to some extent after this period of practice, it still interfered with his daily life when not in combat.

If possible, he wished to restrict it to a kind of two-stage transformation to use only when needed.

Thinking this, Torajirou Shiro sighed.

If it were that easy, the old man and the others would have found a solution already.

They probably kicked him out because they feared he was becoming too reclusive.

But there was still a way.

With that thought, Torajirou Shiro looked at the golden card that had been hanging on his chest since he became a "Blazer."

From the moment he awakened his abilities, his intuition had been telling him that this card was related to his transmigration, but he had been too overwhelmed with his own survival to explore its secrets.

Now, at a bottleneck and two years away from attending Hagun Academy, he had just the right amount of time to explore the secrets of this card.

He examined the card carefully, checking for any unusual buttons or peelable surfaces, then tried infusing it with magic power.

The card, once dull gold, began to brighten as it actively absorbed Torajirou Shiro's magic power until it had nearly depleted him.

"Damn, if I had researched this for safety when I first got it, it would have sucked me dry," Torajirou Shiro cursed and started looking at the card's changes.

After infusing magic power, Shiro immediately understood the card's name and how to use it.

The card, called "Gift," required the infusion of mental/spiritual power to access a vast space within.

The exact size was indescribable, as Shiro felt he could fit everything he saw into it, beyond his physical perception.

The space contained nothing but darkness, except for a golden door at its center.

With a thought, the door was summoned by him, and like the card, he instantly knew its name and purpose.

"The Interdimensional Gate"—a door specially modified by XXXXX, allowing free travel between outer universes and unobserved worlds.

Although curious about the hidden name behind XXXXX and not fully understanding the terms "outer universe" and "unobserved worlds," Torajirou Shiro still grasped one clear fact:

This door could be used to traverse between different worlds.

Thinking this, Shiro instantly grew excited.

Wasn't the reason he wanted to become a Blazer, despite the risk of his magic power going berserk, due to his fascination with unknown worlds and magic?

Meeting new companions and embarking on unknown magical adventures sounds very romantic, right?

With this thought, Torajirou Shiro slapped his hand on the golden door and, suddenly inspired, used the power of destiny.

"I hope the next world can solve my physical problem," he muttered.

The door slowly opened, and a golden light shone from within, engulfing his body.

As the light faded, Torajirou Shiro left this world.

(PS: Finally, the Danmachi arc starts.)

---

Read More With Pictures:
https://www.patreon.com/U22