Chapter 10 - Deeper Exploration

Torajirou Shiro continued to delve deeper, following the map provided by the guild.

The monsters he encountered along the way were so weak that he couldn't even take them seriously.

The monsters from the 1st to the 5th floors were almost all goblins and dungeon lizards.

In Shiro's view, the goblins were as cumbersome as an adult swinging a wooden stick—no, an adult would at least think about which attacks might be effective and know when to retreat, whereas these goblins were simply marching to their deaths.

The dungeon lizards were even simpler; although they were more concealed than the goblins, often hanging over the ceiling, they had a fatal flaw: insufficient attack power.

Even if Torajirou Shiro stood still and let them attack, they would not be able to break through his magic defense; at most, they made him feel as if something had bumped into him, reducing them to mere tools for training his endurance stats.

Torajirou Shiro's routine before reaching the 6th floor was a simple cycle: see a goblin → kill it with one strike → encounter a dungeon lizard → intentionally let it hit him a couple of times → kill it with another strike.

It felt like a level 100 character entering a novice village; these trivial foes didn't even necessitate evasion.

If it weren't for improving his ability values and the presence of more challenging monsters below, Torajirou Shiro would have left long ago.

Upon reaching the 6th floor, Torajirou Shiro finally encountered a monster that sparked his interest.

It appeared as a 'shadow', a completely black humanoid monster, about 1.6 meters tall, with a cross-shaped face embedded with pure circular components, and slender wrists adorned with three extremely sharp claws.

This was a monster labeled as a "War Shadow" in the guild's manual, with a specific warning that newcomers should flee upon encounter.

The presence and intimidating aura of War Shadows were a significant step up from the weak goblins and dungeon lizards of the upper floors.

If goblins and dungeon lizards were considered mere cannon fodder, then these War Shadows were definitely elite monsters.

When Torajirou Shiro saw the first War Shadow, others gradually started to materialize behind him.

For a novice adventurer, this situation was nearly a dead end.

These 'newbie killer' monsters, responsible for the downfall of countless new adventurers, now surrounded Torajirou Shiro.

Normally, a newbie's reaction would be to either fight desperately in one direction or scream for help.

However, Torajirou Shiro just calmly watched them block his escape route, even taking the time to criticize the dungeon.

"Ha, is this the malice of the dungeon? A place that targets adventurers is more than just a building, right? It seems more like an outside god. Humph! I'll tear you down sooner or later."

As he spoke, one of the War Shadows lunged at him.

Torajirou Shiro simply sidestepped the attack and, with a spin kick, sent the War Shadow crashing into another, tangling them together.

This action seemed to signal the start of the battle, as the remaining dozen or so War Shadows charged at him.

The scene didn't frighten Torajirou Shiro; it only excited him.