Chapter 40: Denatus is About to Begin!

"So, it was supposed to be just a small outing to buy snacks... How did it end up like this!" Shiro complained to himself, holding bags of various sizes.

After meeting up with everyone for a shopping spree, they headed to Orario's North Main Street, the most bustling commercial area in the city.

Not far from the Guild headquarters, it is surrounded by high-end residences.

Several carriages passed by on the road, and people were chatting about their favorite shops as they walked along.

After buying Jagamarukun, the excited Tiona grabbed Ais's hand, insisting on shopping for clothes, and they ended up in an amazoness clothing store, which sold clothes that were more like a few strips of fabric than actual garments.

Pure elves like Lefiya couldn't bear such unsightly clothes, leading to an outburst, and trying to pull Ais into a more conservative elf clothing store.

In the end, it was Riveria who, acting like a parent, made a compromise by choosing a human clothing store to which both Tiona and Lefiya had no objections.

As for Shiro, being the only male in the group, he was tasked with carrying everyone's clothes.

The reasoning was, "Since you don't have any good suggestions for clothes, you might as well help carry the bags."

In addition to his hands, the white-haired boy's body was laden with shopping bags.

"You've been complaining the whole way. And besides, you should consider yourself lucky to see Ais looking so cute!" Tiona said, patting him on the shoulder from behind.

Hearing Tiona's words, Shiro glanced at Ais again.

She was not in her usual blue combat attire but in clothes they had purchased earlier from the human store: a white, short-sleeved top adorned with floral prints, paired with a purple mini-skirt, and her legs enveloped in pristine white stockings.

Complemented by her golden hair, she presented the image of a graceful young girl.

"Please don't look at me like that..."

Ais was requested by Tiona and the others to wear cute clothes that she wouldn't normally wear, and being stared at by Shiro made her act coyly, with her complexion turning so red it made one want to give her a bite.

"Ah, I'm hungry now," Tiona suddenly interrupted.

"Didn't we just eat before shopping?"

"But that was two hours ago."

"So, you do know that you spend a lot of time buying clothes..."

Shiro, looking at the bags he was carrying, sighed.

"Forget it, I remember there's a cafe up ahead. I might as well put these down for a bit."

"Yay! Long live the Torajirou!"

"Ouch!"

The one who bumped into Tiona was a petite girl, her glossy jet-black hair tied into twin ponytails with a small silver clock-style hair band hanging around her waist.

She wore a white mini skirt, and a blue ribbon wound around her arm, accentuating her plump figure.

Her round face gave her a youthful appearance, making her look quite charming.

"Oops! Sorry, amazoness girl! I'm in a hurry!"

The girl hastily apologized to Tiona before running off towards a clothing store, her status apparent from her tone and the aura emanating from her body.