Chapter 45: Battle with Ottar!

The adventurers in this world are strong.

This is something Shiro realized upon first arriving in this world.

However, the people of this world also have a significant flaw.

Throughout the past month, the magic Shiro has witnessed – ice, lightning, fire, wind, and healing – is not inherently bad, but the types of magic are too limited.

They either rely on their physical strength and skills to crush opponents, or they bombard them with various kinds of magic.

The more powerful ones simply enhance their stats and ability values.

This fighting style is not necessarily bad, but it can leave them unprepared when facing unusual abilities.

In the previous expedition, a single corrosive ability forced the Loki Familia to cancel their expedition mission.

What if the next time, it's a curse?

Ottar is currently also facing this dilemma.

Unless he disregards his own safety and engages in close combat with Shiro, he has no way to deal with him due to his lack of ranged attacks.

"What's wrong? Not coming anymore?" Shiro looked at his opponent with interest, wanting to see how he would deal with this situation.

After a moment of silence, Ottar picked up a stick from the ground.

"[Silver moon's mercy, the golden wilderness. This body is destined for the wild boar of the war. Run through, carry the goddess' will.]"

Chanting the magic spell, violent magic power clung to the surface of the stick like light.

The dazzling light gave people the illusion that the stick had expanded in a circle, as if it were covered in the fur of a giant golden boar.

"Finally getting serious?" Feeling the pressure emanating from his opponent, Shiro grinned.

However, Ottar's preparation wasn't over yet.

His body gradually began to be covered in boar fur, and his aura continued to rise.

This was Ottar's skill, [Vana Arganture].

As his body slowly transformed, his ability values had already surpassed level 7 and even touched the threshold of level 8.

Knowing the danger of Shiro's abilities, he planned to finish him off with one blow.

Ottar wouldn't give his opponent a chance to fight back, nor would he offer any escape route.

Everything would end with this blow.

"Everything is for my goddess," The stoic warrior muttered.

Then, the earth was ripped open, and trees were blown away.

Everything before him was obliterated by this attack.

Or so it should have been.

After the aftermath dissipated, Ottar saw that the spot where the white-haired boy was standing was miraculously unscathed.

No, rather than being untouched, it was more like Shiro was standing in the blind spot of Ottar's attack.

"That was a pretty impressive attack."

Looking at the ravaged surrounding terrain, Shiro showed no awareness of being attacked and instead casually commented on Ottar's strike.

"Well, it's my turn now."