Chapter 19: The Sudden Accident!

"Torajirou-san, which Familia do you belong to?" Ryuu asked Shiro a question.

"Loki Familia."

There was no need for Shiro to lie about this, as anyone could simply ask the guild and find out about their affiliated Familia.

"Is that so... That explains it."

For some reason, Ryuu felt even more convinced by Shiro's previous words upon hearing he was from Loki Familia, as if, in her eyes, members of Loki Familia were all brash individuals.

To prevent Ryuu from asking more questions, Shiro quickly finished his fried noodles, paid 2000 valis, and said goodbye.

What surprised him was that not only Ryuu but also a girl named Syr waved back at him.

However, he did not vainly think that the gray-haired waitress was interested in him; he simply thought she had that kind of friendly personality.

...

The next day,

Shiro got up in the morning and trained in swordsmanship with Ais before heading straight to the dungeon.

Lefiya planned to visit the Goibniu Familia, famous for their forging skills, to have a suitable sword crafted for herself since she knew Ais's "Desperate" was maintained there as well.

As Shiro passed by the Hostess of Fertility, he was spotted by Ryuu and Syr, who were preparing ingredients inside.

Syr saw Ryuu staring thoughtfully at his back.

"What's wrong? Ryuu, are you worried about him?"

Ryuu snapped back to reality.

"Uhh, he told us yesterday that he was going to explore the dungeon with a senior, so..."

"So you're worried he went down there by himself?"

"Well, many rookie adventurers die like that, thinking they are strong but end up showing their vulnerable side and getting buried in the dungeon."

Ryuu then picked up the ingredients she had set on the ground.

"Forget it, it's none of my business."

Syr seemed to see through her thoughts at this time.

"Just go after him, I'll ask for leave from Mama Mia on your behalf."

"Eh?"

"Because that's how Ryuu is, she really cares about her friends and always steps forward to stop others from bullying them."

"Thanks, Syr."

After hesitating for a while, Ryuu finally put down the ingredients and rushed in the direction Shiro had left.

After all, she couldn't put aside her worries.

...

In the dungeon,

Ryuu, wearing a green cloak representing elves, a mask on her face, and holding a wooden sword, sped through the dungeon.

"Not here?"

By now, Ryuu had already searched most areas of the dungeon from the 1st to the 6th floor, covering all the routes a newcomer might take, but she still had not found the boy.

"Didn't I tell him not to take risks? What a fool."

Muttering softly, Ryuu continued to head deeper into the dungeon, while Shiro had already arrived at the 10th floor.