Chapter 6 - Falling from the Sky into a New World - Did Something Go Wrong?

A thousand years ago, the gods grew tired of their monotonous lives in heaven.

Seeing the interesting lives of mortals in the lower world, they decided to descend and experience mortal life in the form of a game.

They chose to seal their divine powers, meaning that no matter how powerful or authoritative a god was in heaven, they would be no different from ordinary people in the lower world.

Their form of entertainment was to develop "Familia" by granting "Blessing/Falna" and recruiting so-called adventurers to undertake exploratory missions or something they like.

"Familia" — a faction-like relationship formed between gods and mortals of the lower world, varying in scale and nature.

Today, a surprise visitor from another world arrived at the residence of "Loki Familia."

Torajirou Shiro, who had just crossed into this world and was still recovering from dizziness, sensed something was wrong.

The gusting wind, the clouds within reach, his clothes flapping loudly, and the ground that seemed very far away all indicated his predicament.

"Why!!! Why did I appear in the sky!!!" He screamed as he fell down like a meteor.

Swish!

To avoid becoming the first person to die from a fall after crossing worlds, Torajirou Shiro quickly mobilized his magical power to enhance his defense.

——Boom!

With a loud crash, Torajirou Shiro plunged headfirst into the ground.

Though fortunate not to die, falling from such a height left him dazed.

As Torajirou Shiro, holding his forehead, got up, he saw the surrounding crowd as the dust settled.

"Hey! Who sent you here to stir up trouble?"

Barked a squinty-eyed woman with a red ponytail, though her stance was hardly ladylike.

Torajirou Shiro initially ignored the red-haired woman's words, as his attention was caught by something more intriguing, prompting him to exclaim.

"Cat-eared? A catgirl?!"

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?" The red-haired woman exclaimed.

Honestly, it was seeing the cat-eared girl that made Torajirou Shiro truly feel he had traversed to another world, as such creatures didn't exist in either his past or current world.

'So, I really did cross to another world...' Torajirou Shiro thought silently.

In the meantime, the red-haired squinty-eyed woman, long ignored, finally erupted.

She marched up to the dazed Torajirou Shiro, forcibly turned his head to face her, and screamed into his ear.

"You really came looking for trouble, didn't you?! Tell me, which Familia did you come from!"

"Familia... What is that?" Torajirou finally responded with a question.

"What? Caught in the act and still playing dumb? Why don't you simply say you're a passerby who hasn't joined any Familia?"

"But I truly haven't joined any Familia you speak of."

Torajirou Shiro shrugged, feeling that this was not the time to lie, especially as his intuition told him that this woman seemed to have a way to detect lies.

"Lies... Huh, you're actually not lying?!" The woman's expression went from angry to shocked as she pointed at the crater caused by Torajirou Shiro's landing.