Chapter 33: A Familiar Scene!

Shiro and others were frantically chasing after the fleeing Minotaurs.

Minotaurs did not know how to fight in groups like adventurers, causing several of them to break away from the group and start running wildly around.

Shiro and the others had no choice but to split up and pursue them.

By the time they reached the sixth floor, only three of them were left: Shiro, Ais, and Bete.

"Bete, use your amazing nose to find it!"

Seeing that there was no monster in sight, Shiro shouted anxiously at Bete.

"Shut up! Don't treat me like a dog."

"Never mind, I'll choose a path based on instinct first. If you smell the Minotaur, go ahead with Ais, and we'll meet on the surface!"

As Bete was sniffing at a crossroads, Shiro left these words behind and rushed out.

After all, there was only one Minotaur left; even if his intuition was wrong, Bete could catch up with Ais to kill it.

The speed of arrival was more important than this issue.

Just after rushing out for a while, Shiro heard a scream.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh—!"

"This is bad!"

Shiro immediately rushed towards the source of the sound.

By the time Shiro arrived, he saw a Minotaur chasing a boy with snow-white hair similar to his, but with red eyes and an expression of fear like that of a scared rabbit.

Although the boy wasn't hit by the Minotaur's attack, the aftermath caused him to trip and roll to the ground, ending up against the dungeon's wall.

Shiro instantly vanished from his initial spot.

Tears streamed down the boy's face as he, who had longed for adventure in the dungeon, now faced death here.

Thinking of his grandfather's entrustment to him, the boy subconsciously closed his eyes.

After a moment, he didn't feel the expected pain but felt as though someone had drenched him in a bucket of warm water.

When the boy opened his eyes, he found his dull red pupils locked with Shiro's gaze.

Seeing the boy frozen in place, Shiro couldn't help but break the silence.

"Are you alright?"

The boy first raised his hands to check his chest, relieved to find no injuries.

Then, recalling the benefactor before him, he tearfully stood up and bowed to Shiro.

"Thank you for saving my life!"

Seeing the boy's sincere gratitude, Shiro felt a bit awkward since the Minotaur's presence was due to his Familia's actions; he was merely correcting a mistake.

"Rather than that, you should check your body first."

When Shiro killed the Minotaur, the boy happened to be directly in its path, resulting in the Minotaur's blood splattering all over him, drenching him in red, mirroring the color of his eyes.

After Shiro pointed it out, the boy became aware of his messy state and started to panic.

"I'm very sorry... I might stain your clothes."

"That's not what I mean... Aren't you uncomfortable wearing that? Go take a bath and change your clothes first, and come explore the dungeon another day."