Chapter 47: Grimoire!

Leaving the Northwest Main Street and venturing eastward, Riveria, Lefiya, and Shiro descended a set of stairs leading underground.

At the end of the steps stood a wooden door.

Jingle~

"Lenoa, it's me," Riveria announced, pushing the door open.

The scene that greeted Shiro's eyes was unlike anything he had ever seen before.

The room was spacious, illuminated by magic stone lamps hanging from the ceiling like miniature suns.

Shelves lined the walls, displaying an unsettling collection of creatures – snakes, scorpions, lizards, and other unsettling specimens.

At the back of the shop, a cauldron the size of a person bubbled and steamed, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of a witch's home from the storybook.

A woman emerged from behind the cauldron, she should be the "Lenoa" Riveria had mentioned.

Dressed in a black robe, she had long white hair and a hooked nose, adding to the air of mystery surrounding her.

"Are the magic gems set?" Riveria inquired.

"All done. I replaced them with the highest quality gems, as you requested. Honestly, to damage four magic gems in a single expedition..."

Lenoa grumbled, her tone betraying a hint of exasperation.

Magic gems embedded in wand/staffs served to enhance their capabilities, making a significant difference in power and performance.

Riveria always opted for the best magic gems Orario had to offer, yet even those had shattered during their previous expedition, hence the reason for the shopkeeper's complaint.

Mid-sentence, Lenoa's gaze shifted to Shiro, who was looking around the peculiar surroundings with wide eyes.

"Ah, a new face! Please feel free to browse and visit my shop again."

"Yes, I will," Shiro replied, distracted by a strange potion he held in his hand.

"Wait... is that a grimoire?!" Lefiya's excited shout echoed through the room, drawing other's attention.

Grimoires were rare and valuable magic books unique to this world.

Their sole purpose was to grant an additional magic to those with available magic slots.

High-level grimoires could even increase the number of slots, though not beyond the limit of three.

Therefore, such treasures were incredibly sought after and rarely found.

"Ah... yes, it's a grimoire." The shopkeeper confirmed with a nod towards Lefiya.

"Did you make it yourself?" Lefiya asked, her voice filled with reverence, as if she were addressing a reclusive master.

Lenoa chuckled, her wrinkles deepening.

"Haha! No way. If I could make grimoires, I wouldn't be stuck running a shop in this dusty corner of Orario. I had to shamelessly beg an acquaintance from Altena to get my hands on this one."

She retrieved the grimoire from the shelf and added, "Riveria, since you can already use more than four magic, you don't need a grimoire."

Riveria's magic was unique.

Though limited to three types of magic, she could cast attack, defense, and recovery magic, each with three levels of intensity, through Chant Connection, effectively allowing her to cast nine types of magic.