Saints x Cancer Reader

❤️Seiya❤️
You smiled, putting out the blankets and pillows. You and B/FN had planned an epic sleepover for this weekend. You couldn't wait for it.
B/FN texted soon after: Hey Y/N, I'm five minutes out. You got the smores?

You smirked, looking at the bag of messy marshmallows and chocolate bars sitting messily on the table.
Y: Got em right here. Are you ready?

B: Yeah. Just gotta let Shun know that I'll be with you for the whole night.

You smiled softly. Some time ago, B/FN had confessed to Shun that she liked him. It was quite obvious that ever since the two met, they were made for each other. You and Seiya had quietly set the two up on some dates and boom! Just like that, B/FN and Shun had become a cute couple.

You shivered, feeling a dash of pain. What the heck was that? Hm. You shrugged it off. Putting out the sleeping bags, you suddenly felt dizzy.

Oh no.....your cancer was back.

"Y/N?!"

You only saw B/FN's teary eyes in front of you before you passed out.

Seiya's POV
I hoped Y/N was having fun today. She texted me that she and B/FN are having a sleepover tonight.
It's hard to admit that I miss Y/N, but I do. She's my entire world, and when she isn't around, I feel the urge to cry.

Suddenly, I felt my bracelet beep. That must mean that Y/N's in danger. I got that bracelet for Y/N's birthday. It taps into her cosmo whenever she's in danger or needs my help at that time.
"Seiya!" I turned to see Shun running up to me. "I got a message from B/FN! Y/N's in the hospital!"I think that cancer of hers is back!"

My eyes narrowed, and my fists clenched tightly. "Shun, get me a train back to Japan. Now."

Your POV

Of all the days for your cancer to come back. It had to be today when you felt the very best. Ugh....

You huffed, wishing it would just warm up already. If only your beloved Pegasus was here; he could warm you up in a snap with his warm cosmo. Mmm...warmth.
Unfortunately, Seiya was on a mission in Greece, trying to find Marin since he hadn't really seen her in a while.

One of the many nurses came in to take your blood, and her face paled once she saw the results. "Jesus, Y/N."
"I'm fine....really." You muttered, trying and failing to keep your eyes open. "What are you so worried about?"I'm just fine......"
Among the three nurses that showed up in the room, there was a familiar face that wandered in as his striking brown eyes scanned for you. Seiya?
"Y/N, I'm here!" Yep, that was Seiya. "Are you okay?"

You smiled, remembering how Seiya and B/FN made a pact to let each other know of your safety. So B/FN must've called Seiya to let him know...

"The cancer, Seiya. It spread throughout my body and my brain." You cringed as a flash of pain hit you. "I don't think....that I'm going to make it."
"Y/N, you will."You've beaten gods and warriors stronger than that fucking cancer, I know you can do this." Seiya stated with determination.
"Seiya....I'm slipping." You said, feeling your eyes starting to close again.
"Y/N....stay with me, please. I need you in my life. I'm practically nothing without you there fighting beside me."
Seiya whispered, his eyes tearing up.

"Can't....function... much longer." You were almost slipping into unconsciousness as you struggled to keep your eyes open just a bit more.

"Please, Y/N."I will fix this. Sienna can fix this. Just let me help you!" Seiya yelled, breaking down into sobs.

"Seiya, my Pegasus, I...." You reached out for him, and he grasped your hand tightly, in tears. "I love you."To the ends of Sanctuary and back."
"I love you too, Y/N." Seiya whispered, letting a single tear drip down his cheek.
Your eyes closed, and your hand went limp onto the bed. That was it. Seiya screamed in agony and collapsed on your bed, shaking with quiet sobs.
At that point, all Seiya felt was pain. You left him....to live alone in this miserable world. Nothing mattered more than you did. Stupid cancer... it was the cause of all these problems.
Why did he have to live alone in the land of the living while your soul rested in heaven with the gods?

"Y/N...." Seiya whispered, pulling your head close to his chest and wrapping one arm around your back.

He just wanted you in his arms again...was that so much to ask for?

Closing his eyes, Seiya started praying to Athena, Miss Sienna, gripping you tighter and holding you to his chest.

He failed... as a Knight of Athena, and most importantly, as your boyfriend. He should've been there for you and found a way to stop that blasted cancer. You were the only light that kept him anchored to this world...

All the memories you two made together ran through his mind, including the way you laughed when he tripped over his feet at the beach that one time. That day, you proclaimed your love for him, and Seiya was happier than ever....

Seiya stood up with an angry yell and punched the wall hard, feeling weak in the knees as he witnessed your peaceful expression laying in bed.

"Y/N, why must you leave me?" Seiya whimpered, falling to his knees and bringing your head close to his so that he could place a tender kiss of love on it. He knew you must have felt it....

Drops of water spilled on your face, revealing Seiya was crying. All the time of being a Saint, Seiya had cried for his friends and rivals, but your love made his pain grow three sizes.

Seiya lay his head down on your chest and quietly cried into the crook of your neck, mourning your death and feeling his heart break from how much pain you left him to pick up.

In all honesty, Seiya begged the gods to raise you up to live again, but they never answered back. When his friends died, they were always brought back alive. However, you stayed dead. He should've protected you, held you tightly, and comforted you with the soothing sounds of his heart.

Instead, he let you die in front of him. At what cost? Oh, how much he cried... how much he screamed....but alas, you never came back to him.

That was a moment he'd remember forever; the day his painful love for you let you fall to the darkness of the death. He loved you so much that his heart was broken at how much he lost. From this day forward, you would always be in Seiya's mind.

Oh, Y/N, he thought. Why must the cost of you leaving hurt me so bad?

🩷Shun🩷
No, absolutely not. I will not do one for Shun. I can not bear to break his heart like that, nor Shiryu or Hyoga.