Chapter 7

Elsewhere, Dudley and Newton were in a small town trying to find a good place to try acting again.

They were also trying to put the thousand dollars they had to good use. 

On this stormy night, they were staying in a hotel room with a big bed that had enough room for both of them and little Amy. 

"Where do we go next?" said Dudley. 

"I don't know. But if there's anything we can't afford to do again, it's get ourselves into mortal peril" said Newton. 

"Unless it's part of a script, of course" Dudley joked. 

Just then, they heard little Amy's voice. "Are you okay? Come in."

"My goodness, what a storm" said an elderly woman's voice. 

Dudley and Newton made their way to the room door and found a skinny lady with wrinkles on her face and white hair. She wore a big bright pink dress and her hair was in a bouffant do.

"I beg your pardon?" said Newton.

"Oh, aren't you two a sight. You must be Mr Weekes and Mr Leicester" said the lady. 

"Yes. And what are you doing here?" said Newton.

"This sweet little lady let me in. I just can't stand wild nights" said the lady.

"Who are you?" said Dudley. 

"Don't worry. She's nice" said Amy.

"Call me Lady Beatrice" said the lady. 

Newton stepped back and mumbled, "I may have a few things to call her."

"What can we do for you, Lady... Beatrice?" said Dudley. 

"You can not mind me. I'm only here for this passing moment, good sir" said Lady Beatrice. 

"Do you think you can get these boys some money?" said Amy innocently. 

Lady Beatrice smiled lovingly. "My dear. One does not get money by asking for it. But I'm certain I can be of help."

"How?" said Newton.

"My advice. There is a train arriving in this town tonight. If you dash, I suppose you could catch it" said Lady Beatrice.

"How would we get an acting job on a train?" said Dudley.

"You could start by doing some shows on the train. But it is on its way to many towns that offer splendid acting jobs" said Lady Beatrice.

"I wouldn't trust this one" Newton whispered.

Lady Beatrice overheard him. "I would, Mr Weekes. My sisters and I only speak the truth."

"Couldn't we try, Newton? It may help" Dudley pleaded.

Newton faced his friend. "Dudley. This woman is but a stranger."

He turned around to say 'no offense', but the second he did, Lady Beatrice was gone!

"Did she leave, Amy?" said Newton.

"I don't know. I didn't see her leave" said Amy.