Chapter 40 (You Deserve So Much Better)

CHAPTER 40

"APOLOGIES for asking your daughter's hand for marriage without properly introducing myself, Sir. I am just waiting for the perfect opportunity to meet you and formally introduce myself." Pormal siyang nagsalita sa harapan ng ama ng fiancee niyang si Seiranel.

Simon Entrina, Seiranel's father, just let out a soft laugh.

"It's okay. I already expected that this would happen as soon as my daughter told me that she will go back in Philippines. I know she will go to you." Seiranel father's smile is very warm while looking at him.

He remember the first time he met Mr. Simon Entrina. This old man's smile was different back then. They were both strangers to each other. Hindi niya pinaalam kay Seiranel noon na pinapahanap niya ang ama nito. Ilang buwan din ang hinintay niya bago tuluyang nalaman kung saang bansa ito nakatira.

"I knew that my daughter is very special in your heart back then." Nanatili itong nakangiti.

"I love her so much, Sir," he said with utmost sincerity.

"I know. I knew it the moment you beg me to bring her to Europe. All I can see in your eyes back then was your love for my daughter and your eagerness to help her so that she could live in comfort and away from her painful past. I saw a man who wants to protect the woman he loves the most. I saw the desperation and sadness in your eyes. You were willing to sacrifice your own happiness for my daughter and that actually put me at ease." Masuyo nitong tinapik ang balikat niya at muling nagsalita, "And I want you to know that I am only accepting you as my son-in-law. I won't welcome any man for my beloved daughter but only you."

Natigilan siya sa huling sinabi nito. Tila bigla ay mayroong humaplos sa puso niya. Sa dami ng magagandang nangyayari sa kaniya nitong mga nakaraang araw, hindi niya mapigilang tanungin ang sarili kung deserve ba niya ang lahat ng ito? Deserve ba talaga niya na makaramdam ng ganitong saya sa puso?

"You deserve so much better, son," sabi nito na tila ba nabasa kung ano ang nasa isip niya.

"S-Sir..." He's out of words.

Simon Entrina just let out a soft laugh.

"Tell me, son. How was your life for the past seven years without my daughter? Did you regret your decision? Did you ever blame me for taking her away from you?" Sumeryoso ito habang nakatingin sa kaniya.

Awtomatiko niyang tiningnan si Seiranel na nasa loob ng bahay, hinahanda ang meryenda para sa ama nito. 

"Part of me regretted my decision, Sir. I didn't know that she was pregnant with Anastacia. That's the only thing that I regretted. Because I wasn't there during her pregnancy. I wasn't there for Sei and Anastacia. But for the rest, I am glad that I let you take her away from me. I asked for it. I begged for it. Because that was the only way I could help and protect her, even from me. I don't have the right to blame you, Sir. We both agreed. And I am grateful that you believed me right away when I told you about Sei. You didn't doubt me. And I trust what I saw in your eyes back then. There's no way I would beg you to take Sei away from me if you're not trustworthy." Tumingin siya sa daddy ni Sei, pinakita at pinaramdam ang buong sinsiredad.

"And for the past seven years?" Mahina siyang natawa. "It wasn't easy. Without her by side for the past seven years was..." Muli siyang tumingin kay Sei na ngayon ay nakatingin na sa gawi nila. Awtomatiko siya nitong nginitian. "...it was painful enough and I almost lose my sanity, Sir," he continued as memories for the past seven years flashed back on his mind.

Tila pinipiga ang puso niya habang pinagmamasdan si Seiranel na umiiyak sa labas ng basement. He could clearly see the confusion, the pain, the shock, and the fear in her eyes. Naikuyom niya ang kamao. He already saw her opened the door earlier but he didn't stopped her. He wanted Seiranel to know how evil he is. It's time for her to know the real him. It's time for her to know how dangerous he could be. It's time for her to realize that they are not for each other.