3

AMELIAS POV
As much as I loved Owen's mom, I didn't want to intrude on their dinner, so I was laying in bed on my laptop. I was responding to a few emails and looked at a few scans for Derek. After about an hour there was a knock on my door.

"Hey," Owen said, "my mom wants to say goodbye." I smiled and got up.

"It was so good to see you again honey," Evelyn smiled and hugged me.

"You too," I smiled, "you're welcome any time." She left and Owen was in the kitchen washing dishes.

"How was your surgery?" He asked me.

"Oh it went well," I said and sat down on the couch.

"That's good," he smiled, "sorry I didn't mean to distract you from whatever you were doing." I shrugged.

"It's all good," I said. He finished up in the kitchen and joined me on the couch. He was sitting noticeably close to me but I didn't mind. He was flipping through the channels and I yawned. I was rather tired.

"Tired?" Owen chuckled.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I'll go to bed soon." He nodded and put on a random show.

OWENS POV
I felt Amelia put her head on my shoulder. I knew she was really tired, so I looked over at her and her eyes were closed. I put my arm around her and left her sleep for a bit while I watched TV. Amelia mumbled something and wrapped her one arm around my waist. It was cute. I would be lying if I said it didn't make my heart skip a beat. She was my best friend, she was. But she was also insanely beautiful, inside and out. I feel bad lying to my mom but of course I have a crush on Amelia. I mean who wouldn't? She's beautiful. I've had a thing for her for a while, but when she moved her from LA she wasn't in a place to be dating anyone, and she hasn't since she's gotten here. I mean I've supported her through her random one night stands and random men I disapprove of, but she hasn't been in a relationship since moving to Seattle. I was broken out of my thoughts when Amelia sat up.

"Oh I'm sorry," she said, "forgot I wasn't in my bed."

"It's okay," I said.

"I'm gonna go to bed," she said.

"Okay goodnight," I said.

"Goodnight," she said and closed her door.

AMELIAS POV
I wish we cuddled for longer.