9

AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and Owen wasn't in bed. I frowned. I did like waking up next to him. I got up and got ready for work and walked into the kitchen. There was a note on the kitchen table.

"Had to go into work early. Sorry :(
-Owen"

I smiled at the note and left to go to work. I started my rounds and paper work. I hadn't seen Owen yet. Was he ignoring me. Maybe he didn't mean all he said last night. I don't know. It was late, and we were tired.

"Hey you okay?" I heard. I turned to see Maggie.

"Hey," I smiled.

"You look like a nervous reck what's wrong?" She asked.

"If I tell you something you have to keep it to yourself," I said.

"Okay," she said, "what's wrong? Are you in trouble? Did you relapse? Do you need me to drive you to a meeting?"

"No, I do appreciate the support though," I said and took a deep breath, "Owen and I had sex last night and I don't know if he's avoiding me."

"Oh, that's not what I thought you were going to say," she said, "Are you guys together?"

"I mean I guess not," I said, "but it wasn't like a spur of the moment thing. He told me he thought I was beautiful and one thing led to another."

"I don't think he's avoiding you. It's rather obvious he has feelings for you," Maggie chuckled, "is he in today? You could page him."

"And say what?" I said stressed.

"I don't know," she chuckled, "ask him how his day is."

OWENS POV
I feel really bad. I got paged last night for an emergent surgery and had to leave before Amelia got up. I feel bad because we had sex last night and I feel like I'm giving her the wrong impression. I scrubbed out of the 12 hour surgery and it was already 7pm. Shit. The whole day went by. I looked at my phone and I had a text from Amelia a few hours ago.

"Hope your day is going well :)" she sent. Shit.

"Hey! Long surgery, are you at the apartment?" I sent.

"Yeah," she sent back. I changed out of my scrubs and drove back to the apartment. I unlocked the front door and Amelia was sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Hey I am so sorry I got paged while you were asleep and the surgery took all day," I said.

"Oh it's okay," she said. It was obvious she cried. I walked over to the couch and wrapped her in a hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I may or may not have freaked out and thought maybe you were ignoring me after the sex," she said.

"Oh never," I said and kissed the top of her head, "never. It was a poorly timed busy day I promise love."

"Okay," she nodded, "I see that now."

"I completely see your concern though," I said.

"Landlord fixed your room," she said.

"Oh cool," I said.

"Yup," she said. I leaned in and kissed her passionately.

"I would never use you for sex nor would I ignore you after," I said gently, "you're more than just sex to me."

"Promise?" She said in a small voice.

"Promise," I said and kissed her again.