15

AMELIAS POV
I grabbed his hand as we walked into our apartment. We were boyfriend and girlfriend. It felt right. I kissed his cheek and hung my coat up.

"I'm really sorry about tonight," Owen said, "I didn't mean to make you think I didn't want you or I was stringing you along. And leave it to my mother to say awkward things." I chuckled and walked over to him.

"It is totally okay," I smiled, "now shut up and kiss me." He smirked and grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him for a passionate kiss.

-

"Owen?" I whispered. It was almost midnight and it was dark out. I couldn't sleep. I had been tossing and turning for the last hour.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Oh you're awake," I said.

"Hard to sleep when the person next to you is rolling around obnoxiously," he joked.

"Stop it," I chuckled and snuggled into him, "I can't sleep."

"I can tell," he chuckled and kissed my head.

"Close your eyes and I'll rub your back honey," He said and his hand met my back.

"I like it when you call me honey, it's sweet," I said softly.

"Sweet like you," he said and kissed my head again, "anything keeping you up? Or just can't sleep?"

"Just can't sleep," I said and put my arm over his chest.

"You sure?" He asked and wrapped his arm tighter around me.

"If I tell you can we not talk about it? Can I just say it and then we go to bed?" I asked in a small voice.

"I cannot make that promise," he said softly, "I will only make that promise if it does not contain the idea of relapsing."

"It doesn't," I said.

"Okay," he nodded.

"Christopher's birthday is coming up," I said and he pulled me closer to him. He continued to rub my back and didn't say anything after that, keeping his promise. I closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest, feeling safe with him. I always felt safe with him, whether I was his girlfriend or his friend, he always made me feel protected.