19

AMELIAS POV
I was eating lunch in the cafeteria with Meredith. Owen had the day off today, and I think he was taking his mom to lunch. I felt my phone buzz, and it was Evelyn.

"Owen told me you two are dating. I am so happy for you both :)" she sent. I smiled.

"I told him he needed to tell you, glad lunch went well <3" I sent back. I loved his mom. It did make me sad that I had a poor relationship with my own mother, but I'm glad I have Evelyn in my corner.

"Earth to Amelia," Meredith said.

"What?" I said.

"You are so zoned out. Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "sorry, Evelyn texted me."

"Have you guys told her you're dating yet?" Mer asked.

"Yes," I chuckled, "I'm sure she saw it from a mile away like everyone else."

"What about your mom?" Mer asked.

"She doesn't need to know," I shrugged.

"She would be proud of you," Mer said. I shrugged.

"I like what I have with Owen and don't need to throw my mom in the mix," I said.

-

The front door opened and it was Owen.

"Hello my love," he smiled as he kissed my head.

"Hello," I smiled.

"I brought food," he said and handed me a Chinese to go box.

"You're the best," I smiled as he sat down next to me. We ate dinner while watching a movie and snuggled. It was so perfect. I nuzzled into him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"My mom was very excited that we are dating," Owen said and ran his fingers through my hair,
"She absolutely adores you."

"Your mom is the sweetest," I smiled and pecked his lips.

"She also wants to have us over again with Brett and his son," Owen said.

"Okay," I smiled, "that sounds perfect."

"I hate the idea of her dating but I'm glad brett makes her happy," Owen sighed, "I worry about her."

"Oh but she's so happy," I smiled and kissed his cheek, "she's adorable, she tells me about all their dates."

"How come she tells you?" Owen chuckled.

"Because it's a girl thing, girls love to talk," I chuckled.

"Do you tell her about me?" Owen chuckled. I shrugged.

"Depends what it is," I chuckled, "I don't tell her everything."

"What do you say about me?" Owen laughed.

"It's all good stuff," I laughed. He kissed my head and we cleaned up dinner.

"You would tell me if you thought Brett was bad right?" Owen asked.

"Of course honey," I said, "he's really nice."

"I know," he pouted, "she's my mom, and I'm protective of her, and ever since Megan-" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around him.

"I know," I said softly, "you don't have to explain yourself." He kissed the top of my head and hugged me tightly.