17

MEREDITHS POV
"Hey Amelia!" I said as I saw her walk into her office.

"What's up?" She asked as she sat down.

"Would you be able to baby sit last minute?" I asked, "I'm really sorry I know it's last minute but I was supposed to be home tonight but I had a surgery come up and I feel bad leaving the kids at daycare so long."

"Oh yeah that's okay with me, what time do you want me to get the kids from daycare?" Amelia asked. She was a life saver.

"Whenever you get off is fine," I said, "I appreciate it. Feel free to order food or eat anything in the house."

"Would it be okay if I brought my boyfriend too?" Amelia smiled.

"Your boyfriend better be Owen or I'll kill you," I laughed, "are you two finally together?!"

"Maybe," she chuckled, "he can cook for the kids better than me."

"Of course he can come over," I smiled, "you look happy, I'm glad you're happy."

"I am," she smiled. I left and went to go find Derek to let him know that Amelia could watch the kids.

"Hey!" I said as he was scrubbing out of the OR.

"Hey, did you talk to Amy yet? I won't be home until 10 and I think you're getting off later," he frowned.

"Yes I did, Amelia and her boyfriend are going to watch the kids," I chuckled. He stopped walking and looked at me.

"You mean Owen?" He chuckled.

"Yes," I said.

"So they finally put a label on it," Derek said.

"Seems they did. She looks really happy Derek," I said and kissed his cheek.

"She does," he said.

OWENS POV
"Owen!" Amelia said as she sat down next to me in the cafeteria, "can you watch Meredith and Derek's kids with me tonight?"

"Sure," I said. She was cute. She was adorable with her nieces and nephews, and they adored Amelia.

"Great because I told Mer you could cook dinner for the kids," Amelia chuckled.

"I can do that," I said and kissed her head, "what time?"

"I was going to get the kids from daycare in an hour and head over," Amelia said, "no rush on your part though."

"I can meet you guys there at like 5," I said.

"Sounds good, oh and I told Meredith we were dating," she chuckled, "she was very happy about it."

"I'm glad," I said and kissed her cheek.

-

I rang the doorbell at Meredith's and Amelia opened the door. She was holding Ellis in her arms and Zola and Bailey were sitting in the living room playing.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," Amelia smiled, "Ellis say hi to uncle Owen."

"Hi!" Ellis giggled. I smiled as I followed them inside.

"And what do we have here?" I chuckled, seeing Bailey playing with legos and Zola playing with her Barbie's, while a random kids cartoon was playing.

"We're playing Barbie lego universe!" Zola said. Bailey made a face at her, obvious that he was not keen on the Barbie's.

"Owen will you play legos with me?" Bailey asked.

"Bailey, Owen is going to start dinner but I'm sure he will play with you after," Amelia smiled. I followed her into the kitchen and started making some pasta. Amelia was holding a tired Ellis and I smiled. She was so cute with kids.