12

OWENS POV
I scrubbed out of surgery and checked my phone. I had a bunch of missed texts from my mom. Shit. I forgot I was supposed to go over there tonight. I also had a text from Amelia.

"Went over to your mom's <3" she sent. I smiled.

"Thanks, you didn't have to," I sent.

"I adore her. Come join, I'm still here," she sent. I smiled. I'm glad they got along. I don't really know what Amelia and I are right now, but we're some sort of together. I need to take her out on a proper date, and I want her to be my girlfriend. But I also don't want to rush things. I got in my car and drove over to my mom's house. I unlocked the front door and Amelia and my mom were laughing in the kitchen. I smiled, thinking about their bond. Thinking about how this could be my future with Amelia. Hold up Owen, you are getting too far ahead of yourself, you haven't even taken her on a date. I walked into the kitchen and my mom was showing Amelia all of my baby photos.

"Owen!" My mom smiled and hugged me, "you didn't still have to come over, Amelia was a great help."

"Well I heard you were stealing Amelia from me so," I joked and sat down at the table with them, "what are we looking at?"

"Baby photos of you," Amelia smiled, "you were so cute, what happened?"

"Enough," I chuckled and nudged her.

-

Amelia was in the bathroom and I was helping my mom with the dishes.

"So," my mom said, "what's going on with you guys?"

"Uh," I said, unsure of what Amelia said if my mom asked her, "did you ask Amelia."

"I did," she said.

"What did she say?" I chuckled, feeling my face go hot. I didn't know what we were. I didn't know what to say.

"That you'd want to tell me," my mom said.

"Clever answer," I laughed, "we're uh, we're figuring things out. I think that's the right term for it."

"Have you asked her out yet?" My mom pestered, "that girl is adorable and obviously cares for you."

"I did ask her out. I just haven't taken her on a proper date yet, which I've been meaning to do, but it's really hard with our surgery schedules. I just want it to be perfect, she deserves the world," I said. My mom smiled went back to the dishes.

"She brings you happiness," my mom said, "Everyone can see it."

"I know that," I said, "but I don't want to mess things up, so I'm going to try to do things right."

"Well I told her you better not hurt her because I will yell at you Owen Hunt. She is the sweetest thing ever," my mom said.

"I know," I said, "I just really don't want to mess it up with her. She's really great."

"Owen, that girl cares for you. I mean she came over here to help me and spend time with me when she didn't have to. She stayed longer than she needed to and helped me with some chores around the house. She's a wonderful person, and you better treat her right," My mom said. I smiled and thought about it. Amelia was the sweetest. She did help my mom a lot when she didn't have to.

"I know," I smiled.

-

I walked into Amelia's room and the bathroom door was closed. I couldn't hear the water running so I assumed she was taking a bath. I knocked on the door gently and waited for a response.

"Yeah?" Amelia said.

"What're you up to?" I asked.

"Having a peaceful bath, that's before you interrupted," she laughed. I smiled. She was beyond gorgeous, but also so funny.

"I won't say a word if you let me join," I said.

"You know I like talking, come in," she said. I smiled as I came in and took me usual place sitting behind her. She was adorable. I kissed her shoulder as I know she liked that and then kissed her head.

"Thank you for helping my mom today. You didn't have to, and she really adores you," I said.

"Oh it was no problem, I love your mom," she smiled, "she did pester me about us though."

"Yeah she pestered me too," I laughed.

"That's my fault. I wouldn't give her an answer and told her to ask you," She chuckled, "but she's also your mom, I didn't want to steal your thunder."

"Appreciated," I said and wrapped my arms around her, "how was work?"

"Good," she said, "you?"

"Good. Last surgery was so long, everyone's okay though," I said.

"That's good," she said as she leaned back into me. I smiled as I kissed her cheek. We sat like that for a while, just in each others arms. Enjoying each others company.