25

AMELIAS POV
I found myself in the alcohol isle again. Looking at the bottles. I told Owen it was like window shopping. It was a lie. I wish I was real shopping. I looked at the bottle of vodka and debated. I shouldn't, but I wanted to. It's been years since I've had a drink, I wouldn't get addicted? Right? I took a deep breath and looked at the shelf. I know I shouldn't, but I was upset, and I should have just gotten in my car and drove home to Owen, but I didn't. I felt my phone buzz and I had a text.

"Just got home. Making dinner, pasta, your favorite. Pick a movie we can watch later. I love you <3" he sent.

I stared at the text. I regretted standing in the alcohol isle at that second. I couldn't relapse. I couldn't do that to myself. I couldn't do that to Owen.

"Sounds good. Need anything from the store?
Stopped on my way home from work," I sent.

"Nope, just you :)" he sent. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked out to the parking lot and drove back to the apartment. I unlocked the front door and Owen was making dinner.

"Hey love," he said and kissed my head, "you didn't get anything at the store?" Shit.

"Uh they were out of what I wanted," I said nervously, "wasn't important."

"Amelia," he said softly, "please tell me the truth." I could feel myself instantly sweating. I could feel his eyes on me.

"I wanted something, but I changed my mind. I left the store empty handed," I said. He nodded.

"What did you want?" He asked.

"Vodka," I said.

"Okay," he said, "and you didn't buy anything?"

"I didn't," I said.

"You're 100% telling me the truth?" He asked as he finished dinner.

"I was going to buy it, but then you sent me a sweet text, and I realized I don't want to relapse. I realized I just wanted to come home and spend time with you," I said.

"I'm glad you made the right decision," he said, "Promise me you'll talk to me about these things."

"I was thinking about maybe going to an AA meeting after dinner, I know you wanted to watch a movie maybe we could after?" I asked.

"Don't worry about the movie, I'll drive you, do you want me to come with? Or I could stay in the car?" He asked and handed me a dinner plate.

"I'd like it if you came with," I said softly, "if it's not too much."

"Not at all," He said and kissed my head, "what time is it at?"

"7," I said, it was now 5:30.

"Perfect, we can eat dinner, you can shower if you want, and I'll drive us over at 6:45. Is that enough time to get there?"

"Yeah, there's a place down the road," I said.

"Okay," Owen said, "now let's enjoy dinner, I made your favorite." I smiled and sat down next to him. Everything felt right with him. He was so supportive. He was so caring.

-

We walking out of the AA meeting and Owen put his arm around me.

"How're you feeling?" He asked as we walked in the parking lot.

"A lot better," I smiled and he kissed my head.

"That's good to hear. I'm proud of you," he said. We got in the car and drove back to the apartment. I locked the door behind us and Owen wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you so much," he said and squeezed me tightly.

"Don't squish me!" I laughed, "I love you too."

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you," he said softly and kissed me passionately.

"Well I don't want anything to happen to you either," I said and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"So you want to watch a movie?" I asked and he pulled me into him.

"I think I have a better idea, if you're interested," he chuckled and kissed me.

"I wonder what that could be," I laughed as he picked me up and walked to my bedroom.

"I wonder," he laughed as he laid me down on the bed. I smiled and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you," I smiled and kissed him.

"I love you too," he said.