5

AMELIAS POV
"You okay?" Owen asked. I wrapped a towel around myself and looked at him. I nodded.

"I have to hear you say it," Owen said softly.

"I'm okay," I said and nodded.

"Good," Owen said.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," he said, "I'll let you get ready for bed."

"Goodnight," I said softly.

"Goodnight," he said. He walked down to his room and I changed into pajamas. I turned my TV on and laid down in bed. Owen was the sweetest. He's always there for me. I had an awful day, but I'm glad I have him. I snuggled into my pillow, and thought about Owen. How he wrapped his arms around me. How he kissed my shoulder. Everything about him. He was the best.

-

I walked into the kitchen and Owen was making eggs.

"Good morning," I said softly.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" He asked.

"Better," I nodded.

"I'm glad," he said, "I made you breakfast."

"Oh you didn't have to do that, thank you," I said.

"I wanted to," he said, "I'm glad you're feeling better." I sat down at the table with him and we ate breakfast. After that I took a shower and changed to get ready for work.

OWENS POV
I scrubbed out of the OR and saw Amelia doing the same across the hall. She didn't look upset so I'm hoping her surgery went well. I opened the door and she walked out of the OR with Meredith.

"Oh hey," I said.

"Oh good you're here," Meredith said and looked at Amelia, "I was telling Amelia how much the kids miss her, and you two should come over for dinner some time."

"I told you we would discuss," Amelia chuckled, "I do miss the kids, so we will be over soon."

"You have got to tell Bailey to save some legos for me," I joked and Meredith smiled.

"I'll tell Derek," Meredith smiled. She went her separate way and Amelia smiled at me.

"I miss the kiddos," she frowned.

"You should go visit them," I said.

"You can come too," she said.

"Well yeah I know Meredith said that but I don't want to intrude," I chuckled.

"Don't be ridiculous," she said, "you're coming, those kids adore you too."

The next day :)
OWENS POV
"Hey are you ready?" Amelia knocked on my door. I opened the door and she was adorable. She was wearing a cute sundress and her hair was over her shoulders.

"Earth to Owen," Amelia chuckled.

"Yeah sorry," I nodded, "let me grab my keys, and you look really pretty." Her face immediately flushed and she looked surprised.

"Oh, thanks," she said.

"It's the truth," I said and we walked downstairs to my car. We drove over to Meredith and Derek's to see the kids. The kids adored Amelia, and it was the cutest thing. She told me I can come too, even though I feel like I'm intruding on her family time. We walked up to the front door and the kids opened it.

"Aunty Amy!" Zola smiled and hugged Amelia, "I missed you! And Owen! You brought Owen."

"Yup," Amelia smiled, "I missed you too ZoZo."

DEREKS POV
"Did you invite Owen or did she bring him?" I asked Meredith, who was setting the dinner table.

"I told him he can come, why?" Meredith said.

"Do you think they're together?" I asked her.

"I don't know," Meredith shrugged, "I definitely think they'll eventually get together."

"I do like him for her," I said, "and I'm glad they live together and Amy doesn't live alone."

"Yeah me too, he looks out for her," Meredith nodded, "boyfriend or not, he's good for her."

"Yeah he is," I said, "but I worry about her."

"I know, but she's doing so well. She's got her own place now and she's doing great," Meredith said and kissed my cheek, "and she's got Owen."