16

OWENS POV
Today was Christopher's birthday. I felt really bad. Amelia asked to be left alone and she took the day off work. We've been dating for about a month. I love being with her, but I understand wanting to be alone. I wanted to do something nice for her, but didn't want to cross a boundary. We've never been together for Christopher's birthday, so I have no idea what she usually does. I was currently at the store looking for something to cheer her up, even thought I know nothing will make this pain feel better. I grabbed one of her favorite gatorades and threw it in the cart. I found some chocolates and figured that would do. I stopped by the birthday section and found a small birthday boy balloon. I don't know if she'd like it. I guess I could get it for her and throw it out if she didn't want it. I don't know. I'm trying to give her space but I don't want to make her feel like she has to be alone. I got back in my car and drove to the apartment. I unlocked the front door and Amelia was sitting at the counter on her laptop. She looked up at me and she eyed the balloon. I noticed her eyes started fill to tears.

"I'm sorry. I knew it was a bad idea. I can just take it outside," I said and put the bags down on the counter.

"No," she said softly, "it's really sweet. It's a kind gesture."

"You don't have to keep it just because I bought it," I said, "I totally understand."

"Christopher would've liked it," she said. I nodded and put the balloon down and wrapped my arms around her as she started crying.

"Thank you for being here for me," she said.

"I'm always here for you, did you eat? Do you want me to make you food?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, "would it be okay if I took a bath first?"

"Yes, why don't you relax and I'll make dinner. Anything you'd like to eat?" I asked her.

"Whatever you want to make," she said. I nodded and she went down the hallway.

AMELIAS POV
I heard a knock on the door and Owen opened it. I was sitting in the bath and was trying to relax. He came in with a plate of pasta and chicken.

"No need to get out, brought it to you," Owen said. He was really sweet.

"Thank you," I said and sat up, "is it weird that we're eating dinner in my bathroom?"

"Who cares, I'm with you," he said and sat with his back against the tub. I smiled. He was the sweetest boyfriend.

"Was your day okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, "I FaceTimed Addie this morning and she brought me to the cemetery. I sang happy birthday and relaxed. And Christopher would have loved the balloon you got. He would have loved you." Owen smiled and looked at me.

"You're an amazing mom," Owen said, "I'm sure he had a wonderful birthday."

"I hope so," I said, "thank you for dinner it's really delicious."

"I'm glad you like it," Owen smiled, "I know it's one of your favorites."

"Thank you," I said. We finished eating dinner and Owen went back out to the living room. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel and grabbed some pajamas. I got ready for bed and Owen was out on the couch watching TV and on his laptop.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Hey," he smiled, "feeling a little better?" I nodded.

"I am going to eat this chocolate you got in bed. Come join," I said and grabbed the bag off the counter.

"You'll share with me?" Owen joked.

"No I'll make you watch me eat it. Yes you can have some you bought it," I chuckled and turned the TV on. I snuggled into him and he opened the chocolate.

"This is delicious thank you," I said.

"You're welcome. Figured you might need a feel better treat," he said and kissed my head.

"I did," I said softly and kissed his cheek, "thanks for being the best honey."