26

OWENS POV
I opened my eyes as I felt Amelia nudge me.

"Are you awake?" She asked.

"I'm staring at you," I chuckled, "what's up?"

"Well uh," she said, "a light came on in my car." I chuckled and looked at her.

"What type of light?" I said.

"Uh," she said, "it's yellow, with an exclamation mark."

"Okay," I chuckled, "it's probably your tire pressure."

"What do I do about that?" She asked. God she was adorable, but so lost.

"Put air in your tires," I chuckled, "I'll take care of it Ames."

"Ames?" She chuckled.

"I'm sleepy leave me alone," I chuckled, "do you like the name."

"It's cute," she smiled.

"Alright let's go look at your car," I chuckled and threw a shirt on and some shoes.

"Thank you," she said cutely. I walked out to the parking lot and got into her car.

"You need air in your tires," I said, "take my truck to work I'll fill up your tires on my way later."

"Well can I drive on it for a little bit is it that big of a deal?" She said.

"Amelia let me fill up your tires," I chuckled, "you can take my truck just don't hit anything in the parking lot."

"I am not a bad driver," she pouted.

"Didn't say that, my truck is just bigger than you're used to driving," I laughed.

"Sorry for waking you, thank you," she said and kissed my cheek.

"Mhm," I said and we walked back into the apartment, "did you shower yet?"

"No, I left my sneakers in my car which is why I went down there," she said, "I need to shower and get ready."

"Well since I'm already up," I shrugged, "guess I can use a shower too."

"Don't make me late," she said.

"I won't make you late Amelia," I laughed and picked her up.

-

"How's things going?" Derek asked as we were scrubbing into a surgery.

"Good," I said.

"Amelia alright?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't she be?" I asked, afraid something happened.

"Nothing happened, just checking in," Derek said.

"Glad you're concerned if I'm okay," I joked.

"Shut up Hunt," Derek chuckled, "she's my baby sister, by default she's my favorite."

"I understand," I said.

AMELIAS POV
"Owen?" I said as I opened the apartment door. It was almost 9pm but I figured he'd be awake. I didn't get an answer and I put my stuff down and walked into the bedroom. Sure enough, Owen was passed out like a baby. I chuckled and undressed and got in the shower. It felt so good to take a hot shower after a long day. I had two surgeries and lots of rounds. I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I did some skincare and brushed my hair. Honestly I don't blame Owen for being asleep, I was tired myself. I changed into pajamas and walked back into my room. To my surprise, Owen was awake.

"Someone was a sleepy little baby when I got home," I joked and kissed his cheek.

"Oh come on come snuggle with me," he pouted.

"Miss me?" I asked.

"Of course I missed you," he said and pulled me into bed. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled into my back.

"I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too honey," I said.