11

OWENS POV
"Hey," I said. I walked into Amelia's office and she was sitting at her desk. I was a little nervous. I wanted to give her flowers but I don't know if that's something we do. But she deserves flowers. Every girl deserves flowers.

"Hey," Amelia said and looked up from her paper work with a puzzled look, "what's behind your back?"

"Oh uh," I said, "I got you something." I handed her the flowers and her face lit up.

"For me?" She smiled.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Thank you Owen," she said and got up and kissed my cheek, "you're the sweetest."

"You like them?" I asked nervously.

"Of course I like them," she smiled, "you're so thoughtful." I smiled and kissed her head. She put the flowers into a vase on the desk and I sat down in one of the chairs she had.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"Signing off on some of the resident's work," she said, "are you in between surgeries?"

"Yeah I have to go prep in an hour but I wanted to see you in between," I said. I saw her face blush and it was the cutest thing.

"I'm glad you stopped by," she smiled.

"Me too," I smiled.

AMELIAS POV
I scrubbed out of surgery and looked on the OR board. Owen got pulled into an emergent surgery. We were supposed to get off at the same time, but he'll be home later. I looked at my phone and I had a text from Evelyn.

"Hi dear, is Owen with you? I am thinking he is in surgery but haven't been able to contact him," she sent.

"He got pulled into an emergent surgery, is everything okay? I can try to give him a message for you," I sent.

"No that's okay. He was going to come over tonight to help me move a few boxes, but we can reschedule. Glad he is okay," she sent.

"I can help you if you want. I'm not doing anything," I sent.

"Up to you honey, don't feel obligated," she sent.

"I'll be over in a few minutes," I sent.

EVELYNS POV
Amelia is the sweetest thing ever. I don't know why Owen doesn't ask her out. At this point they've been friends forever. She is perfect for him, they compliment one another so much. My doorbell rang and I opened it to Amelia.

"You didn't have to come over honey," I said as I hugged her.

"I wanted to," she smiled, "are you renovating or something?"

"No, just doing some cleaning I've been meaning to do," I said, "but a few of the boxes are too heavy for me."

"I can help you move those," Amelia said. We walked upstairs and she helped me move a few things.

"Is this Owen?" Amelia asked as she saw a photo of him and his dad in the hallway.

"Yup," I said.

"He was a cute kid," she smiled.

"Is he an ugly adult?" I joked and she chuckled.

"Not at all," she said and walked down the hallway. I've suspected that Amelia has liked Owen too, and maybe I was right.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"Sure," she said as she took a box down from my closet and put it on my desk.

"Are you and Owen more than friends?" I asked.

"Oh uh," she said and put another box on the desk, "Uh, I think maybe you should ask Owen. He'd want you to hear it from him." That made me smile.

"Okay," I smiled and she smiled back.

"If he doesn't treat you right you come and tell me," I said, "I will tell him off if he hurts you."

"Thanks," Amelia chuckled, "but you have nothing to worry about, you've raised an amazing son." That made me smile. Maybe Owen has finally found his happiness.