13

AMELIAS POV
"What are you doing tonight?" Owen asked as he opened my office door. I looked up from my laptop and he was holding two coffees.

"Thanks for knocking," I joked and he handed me a coffee, "thank you."

"You didn't answer my question," he said as he sat down.

"Was going to lay in bed and watch TV," I chuckled, "why?"

"Well now you have a date tonight," he said, "6 o'clock."

"Okay," I smiled, "where at?"

"Just meet me back at the apartment, I'll drive us," he said. I smiled.

"What should I wear?" I asked.

"Whatever you want," he said.

"That's not very helpful," I chuckled.

"You look absolutely stunning in anything you wear Amelia," he said and kissed my head.

"Thank you," I smiled.

-

I was freaking out a little. I didn't know what to wear. I didn't know if our date was fancy or casual. Owen wouldn't give me any details. I rummaged through my closet and decided on a green dress. I put it on and looked in the mirror. I finished my makeup and grabbed some shoes and walked into the living room, where Owen was sitting on the couch.

"Wow," he smiled as he got up and came over to kiss me, "you look stunning." I felt myself instantly blush as I hid my face in his chest.

"Thank you," I said.

"Now let's go," he smiled. He drove us to this fancy restaurant by the water which had a great view of the city.

"It's so pretty," I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"You're prettier," he said and kissed my cheek. We got seated and ordered food. I was feeling nervous, but also really happy. I was really happy we were doing this.

"How was your day?" Owen asked.

"Better now that you're here," I said, "how about you?"

"Was going to say the same," he smiled, "any interesting surgeries?"

"Not today, mostly just standard stuff," I said, "which I guess is a good thing that nobody came into the ER with anything crazy. What about you?"

"Craziest thing is some kid swallow a bunch of legos," he chuckled.

"You say that like it happens a lot," I said.

"Oh it does. Legos, marbles, anything small," he laughed, "poor parents, I mean I'd freak out if my kid did that too."

"You would know how to handle it though," I chuckled.

"Good point," he chuckled.

DEREKS POV
Amelia was on call right now and the ER was flooded. There was a crazy accident on the highway. I felt bad paging her but I had to. There were dozens of concussions and head injuries, along with traumas. I'm sure someone paged Owen too, and April. I saw Owen and Amelia walk into the ER. They both looked dressed up. I wonder where they were? They both went their separate ways to change.

"Hey sorry," Amelia said as she grabbed an iPad next to me, "where do we start?"

"Where were you?" I asked.

"What? Off," she said and signed into the tablet.

"No like you and Owen looked dressed up," I said.

"Oh," she said, "Owen and I went on a date actually."

"Oh well I'm sorry to ruin the date with the page," I said.

"Oh no it's fine we were actually done eating and paid before you called," she said, "and Bailey paged Owen."

"How was the date?" I asked as I gave her a stack of charts for rounds.

"It was good," she smiled. I'm glad my sister was happy. I will kill Owen if he hurts her.