Part thirty-seven

Louis' POV

It had been about half an hour since she came out from that room and freaked out. I'm not sure what it was or why she was so afraid. I had thought that my confession maybe had caused her to panic and maybe it did at the beginning but not after she stepped foot out from that door. She looked terrified, her whole body shaking non stop as if the room had dropped like thirty degrees in temperature or something. I didn't know what to do; I had never really been put in that situation before. I myself felt afraid that whatever action I would take, would just worsen the situation and fuck, I thought I was about to break down any fucking minute. I knew I had to help her, that I had to make sure that she was safe but I just. didn't. know. what. to. do. 

I saw her lips moving the whole time, trying to tell me something and I feel so idiotic that I couldn't make it out at the time and when she fell to the floor all of a sudden, I just acted on my instincts. I hugged her and I hugged her tight. I wanted to conceal her, keep her away from the world for a while, let her know that hiding can sometimes be good. Her tears were wetting my already damp shirt and though I was a bit worried since she felt so cold, was crying, and was hugging me in her own damp clothes, afraid that she could catch a cold, I continued my action. And then she pushed me a bit and told me that she loved me.

Winifred Queen, is the most selfless person I have ever met. I mean she was the one that was crying her eyes out and she was the one that pulled away so she could reassure me. It's astonishing really. Like man, with her beautiful words and great mind and pretty face and caring attitude, like she's a fucking alien. God, especially with those big, sad blue eyes of hers that just hypnotize you and make you just want to protect her from everything. She takes you on her mother ship and runs away with you to another planet where it's more quiet, where she shows you another world and takes time out of her own life to fly into space and bring you back a few stars. Then she speaks to you in that alien language of hers and says things that you've never heard before and makes you wish you could hear that everyday of your life. 

We were both so cold as we were just breathing in each other right in front of the unlit fireplace. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and I slowly dropped my hands to the bottom of her legs before getting us both up from the floor. I'm not the strongest person alive, but I still managed to carry her all the way to her room, opening and closing the door the best I could without dropping her. Fuck, she was desperately holding on to me and I know it wasn't because she was afraid that I would drop her but because she was afraid that I would leave her.

Her fingertips were sinking themselves into the back and sides of my neck and they were just so cold. I gently rested her on top of her nicely made bed and she looked at me unsure about my action, her arms almost dragging me down with her as well.

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I'm just going to close the windows and warm up the place. Get yourself under the covers to warm up and I'll be right back. Okay?" I whispered, giving her a small reassuring smile as I finally pulled away. Her eyes were staring up at me, the blue almost agonizing to see since they looked so sad. 

'But you like the windows-'

"Rain and wind is getting inside and I don't want you to get sick. It's fine, Winnie. We have other days for open windows." 

She nodded a little and I quickly leaned back down, leaving a kiss on her forehead before walking out, doing as promised. There were buckets worth of water splattered all over the floors right beside the windows, the thunder loud and the lightning seeming to even light up the gray clouds as it struck. I knew that the floors would have to dry and be cleaned up and I decided that I would do it in a few hours right before, Coop was going to pick us up, knowing that, Winnie needed me right at that moment. As soon as I finished, my finger tips colder than ever, I turned up the air as well, trying to warm up the place as much as possible before returning back to her.