Part seven

"So are you going to tell me why you brought-"

Coop looks down at the small dry erase board on my lap.

"That." He finishes, his eyes meeting mine again.

I quickly glance at the empty bench across from us, before looking at him again, my legs swinging back and forth in an impatient way.

Wait.

I'm not impatient for anything.

I didn't bring the board so I could talk to the Louis kid.

We're non friends.

Non friends don't do things for their non friend.

I look back over at the empty bench and I feel myself grimace.

Where the fuck is he?

It's Monday so he should be here.

He was here last Monday, I me-

"Winn."

My eyes narrow as they begin roaming the hall thoroughly.

"Mmmm." I mumble in response to Coop, my missing person search continuing.

God, I fucking know I think of this place as a black hole, but I didn't think it actually had the capability of sucking someone in and deteriorating them to the point of nothingness.

"Mmmm." I mumble again, following Coop's elbow nudge.

I decide to give him my attention, my eyes going from his attractive face to the other end of the hall behind him just in case someone recognizable approaches.

"You seem....distracted today." He comments, his gaze going up and down my face as if my cheeks and forehead have some writing upon them that announces everything I'm thinking.

I shrug, mentally groaning as I notice how the bench is still empty.

Damn.

You know... because the bench must feel lonely or something a-

I roll my eyes at myself.

Yeah, I kinda wanted him to be here. So what.

He wasn't bad to talk to.

"You're looking for the boy band kid aren't you?"

I feel myself mumble again before focusing my sight on my best friend.

He has a smug ass smile on his face, both of his eyebrows raised, and his arms crossed over his chest like a teenage girl that found out someone's secret or some shit.

That's literally what Coop is anyway.

A teenage girl in a grown man's body.

Fuck you Oxford.

'Maybe.' I mouth, answering his question.

He chuckles a little in a victory seeming way and I roll my eyes again.

"Is that what the reason behind the sudden board is?"

I look back at that damned bench again before turning my head down to my lap.

My index finger begins grazing itself all over the board, tracing an imaginary circle over and over again for no reason at all.

Coop places his arm around my shoulder, bringing me slightly closer to him and I look back at him.

"You going to try with this one?"

His eyes are a bright neon green today, some of his hair falling over his forehead and I'm sent to the first time I ever saw him.