Part forty-one

Gene and her little friend are both high, blazed, baked, and dazed out of their minds. The one with the green hair will not stop giggling and every time her body sways side to side, her very thin tank top reveals her bright pink lace bra right underneath. I can't stop looking at them, my words stuck in my throat with Gene just repeating her statement over and over again, her smile wide and genuine in a plastic, non-knowing way.

"Winnieeee, perfume now? Come on. Help us outtt! We can't smell like this; someone might catch us." She whispers the last part really close to my face before laughing, a bit of her saliva landing on my skin. I shake my head and my eyes widen. Gene is fucking here and my parents don't know about it. They still think she's gone, that she's lost and far away when she's here standing right in front of my fucking face with her terrible breath and wounded knuckles.

A bit of glow from the lights outside are gleaming through the window, this shadow going over her face, making her look like one of those creepy little girl ghosts from a scary movie or something. 

"Jesus! Naomi, I knew we should've gone to Sheila's place! I even think she got some new perfume from that-that- whatever. That place! That she got it from that place the other day! This one over here isn't giving us any results!" Gene spoke, her attention going back on Naomi, with a few giggles releasing from her lips. I shake my head again and my lips separate but they still don't move.

"I told you we should've gone there in the first place! But you wanted to come back here, so look who's the fool now!"

Gene laughs.

"Fuck you, Naomi. And whatever, at least we got popsicles downstairs!"

"You got popsicles?!"

"Hell yeah I do! They're my sisters but I don't think lil Winnieeenieee will mind. Right? Right, lil Winnieeenieee?"

I finally decide to sit myself up and I show not one sign of amusement, everything on my face raw and open and naked and even though Gene is probably not in the right mind to speak about the situation at the moment seriously, I still need answers and I have to let her know that what she has put everyone through by leaving is fucked up. Damn, it's way fucked up.

'Where have you been?' I ask, pulling my covers off of me, my legs feelings shaky and weak, my whole body feeling exhausted from the amount of worry that had consumed me the past forty-eight hours.

She continues to smile and Naomi makes a 'ooooooo' sound in the background.

"Aw come on, don't bring down the party! We just want popsicles an-"

'Where have you been?'

I make sure to mouth everything exaggeratedly, making sure to sound out every syllable with my lips so she can understand. So she can get it in her thick fucking skull and answer the goddamn question.

My feet touch the cold floor and I feel goosebumps begin to grow across my skin in a fast reaction like a line of dominoes falling down once you push over the first one at the beginning. My adrenaline is pumping with my eyes stinging at the sides and my hands forming into fists. Neither of them step back.

"Geez! I was just having a little sleepover for a few days at Tony's! And if I knew you were going to be such a fucking stiff, I wouldn't have come back! I thought you wanted me back, I mean that is what you texted me."

She rolls her eyes and all of these emotions begin to hover over me, my body feeling like a small ant compared to the towering feelings of frustration, sadness, relief, and anger. I feel almost non existent yet ready to explode any minute. And whatever the case is, the conclusion at the end will be the same thing, I will feel gone and annihilated. I want to scream at her, yell so loud in her ears that she wouldn't be able to hear for a couple of seconds, tell her how much of a selfish dick she is, but also wanting to cry and hug her and thank something for bringing her back safe. It is all so overwhelming and maybe it would be better if I did scream, bring my parents to awaken so they can run to my rescue and see who came to visit. But I'm not even really sure how she came in the first place (By the sight of my once closed door open, I suspect that she probably just waltzed herself in with her little friend through the front simply, as if nothing mattered, as if everyone in this house hadn't all been mourning over her disappearance.) and my parents also haven't slept in a few days and deserve a few hours. This whole situation tastes like venom, but I feel myself take in a deep breath and I place my hand on her shoulder.