Part forty [Part 1]

A/N: THERE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SOME SMUT IDK IF IT CAN BE CONSIDERED THAT BUT YEAH SO JUST SO YOU ALL ARE AWARE.

I'M INNOCENT I SWEAR

________________________________________________________________________________

It felt like it all just happened so quickly, Eleanor just knocking on my hotel room door until I finally answered, her eyeliner smudged and running as she continued crying. Her cheeks were flushed and her usual styled hair was messy, looking as if she had been running her fingers through it intensely for a while and I was just standing there, looking at her looking at me with this pain in her eyes that looked so familiar. 

"Can I come in?" She asked, taking a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down. 

I nodded before moving aside, Eleanor quickly walking to my bed before sitting herself down on the edge of it, her long thin fingers wiping away the ruined makeup from under her eyes, it still not going away. I was confused and lost, not really knowing why she was crying or why she decided to seek my help to comfort her in some way. I mean we had been texting each other since the lunch for a few days, our conversations a bit long I guess and pretty casual, but I didn't expect her to trust me this much with her own troubles. But Eleanor is also an extroverted person and also probably needed someone to cry on immediately to help her own sanity, which I completely understood. 

So I didn't question her. I know how much I hate when I'm sobbing and someone asks me if I'm alright. It's like the stupidest thing to ask a person that's well...yeah, fucking sobbing. So I sat right beside her and just waited. I wasn't sure if she would have been comfortable with me rubbing her back or something so I just kept my hands to myself. But then she turned and wrapped her arms around me in this sort of desperation and cried again, my Marvel T-shirt beginning to get a bit wet from her tears. I decided to pat her back a little, even though it was a bit of an awkward pat, I wanted to do something.

Then she began speaking and she released me from her tight embrace.

"I don't know i-if you know, b-but Mark is my dad." She began, sniffling, her nose turning red at the tip.

I nodded and her eyes closed briefly as she just shook her head in disbelief at her own thoughts which were still unaware to me at the time.

"He is such-"

She took a deep breath and her hands formed into small fists.

"He's such an asshole and- fuck. Why can't he see me as- as- like-"

I still didn't know what was happening or what I should've done. Everything felt so vague and hazy like a mirror when it's in a room filled with steam for a while, you can't see anything through it until you clear it up with something. And I guess that's what Eleanor was doing, but it was as if it was hard for her to see as well, as if her own eyes were fogged up and blinded by something thick and dreadful. 

"I'm sorry I'm not speaking right or making any sense, I-"

She groaned and glanced at me and I continued looking at her. Her eyes were glossy in the corner left, the rims filled with moisture with a few streaks of black run down her cheeks in a sloppy manner. Eleanor has big eyes, ones that look to be photoshopped even and with her distraught expression and unruly appearance, she resembled a Tim Burton character of the sort, her long skinny limbs looking paler and more limp than usual.  She appeared to be from another world.

'It is okay.' I mouthed, giving her a reassuring smile.

She took it and stored it as energy to give her more confidence to continue.