Part twelve

I gape at the tall man that’s in the driver’s seat, his dark, dirty blonde hair flapping slightly as the little wind blows through it from the small opening of the lowered down window.

“His name’s Garett.” Louis whispers beside me, both of us sitting next to each other in the back like little kids on a road trip.

I look to my right at him, raising an eyebrow before writing on a napkin.

‘Why is he here? Do you think I’m going to kill you or something?’ I write, smiling a little.

His thumb brushes over mine faintly as he grabs the paper from my hand, chuckling.

His eyebrows just both raise up before he grabs one of my napkins from my lap and snatches the pen from my hand.

I open my mouth, but quickly close it when I see how he begins grinning as he begins writing.

What the fuck is he doing.

‘Afraid you might try raping me again.’ The writing reads when he hands it back to me.

He was laughing at his own comeback.

Oh dear Lord.

I just shake my head as I feel myself beginning to grin widely like him.

‘Forgot my lip gloss though. Damn it.’ I respond, his eyes closing briefly as he just laughs to himself, his head shaking.

‘You can always borrow mine.’

I mirror his reaction, and I just begin laughing this loud laugh that is making my stomach feel sore.

“What’s so funny?”

Both of our heads kind of jolt up at the sound of the Garett guy’s voice and Louis just turns his head towards me and begins smiling this big smile, his eyes holding this sort of comfort and warmth.

“Nothing.”

I feel myself smile back, and I just nod for some reason, a small chuckle releasing from his lips.

He shrugs and I shrug back.

“Yeah, sure. Well may I ask where the other one is.”

I feel myself raise an eyebrow and Louis looks at the man.

“Zayn went along with Liam today to check out his new place.” Louis responds, his smile now more calm and delicate in a way.

“You gonna go later or-”

Louis just shakes his head.