Part nine

“Good afternoon Ms. Queen. Why don’t you take a seat in your usual spot.”

She almost immediately parades herself away from the door and to that fading swivel chair that’s right behind that damned desk.

I hold my board loosely in my hand and I just kind of look back at the closed door for a second before finally turning around.

Louis said hi to me before he went into his own session.

Well he didn’t really say it per say, but he just kinda spotted me as he was walking towards his door and just gave me one of those greeting nods, a small smile playing on his lips.

I mirrored his expression and then he went his way and I went mine.

But, I don’t know why I’m still thinking about it.

I wouldn’t put myself through the trouble of labeling him as a so called friend, but he is no longer a stranger to me.

And I think that nod kind of made it clear to me. And I’m sorta scared to be honest.

That nod can evolve into a wave and then to worded responses and then to physical greetings.

I can’t have a friend pal, buddy, or any other thing that labels a stronger relationship between two people that holds more comfort and recognition than two simple acquaintances.

I’m not here to make friends.

I’m here to just survive.

“Ms. Queen? Is everything alright?”

I realize how I’ve just been staring at the stupid wooden chair right in front of her desk and I mentally zone back into reality, strolling myself to the seat.

I finally sit down.

“What’s on your mind today?”

I glance at her, noticing how she has a wooden pencil holding up her hair, making her appear as some stereotypical lonely librarian.

I shrug.

‘Nothing really.’ I mouth.

Her eyebrows kind of scrunch up together in this intense, over exaggerated way as she looks down at the stupid ass clipboard and begins jotting down things as always.

I seriously get so annoyed when she fucking forces that concentrated look on her face to make her seem as if she is very intrigued by my answers and our discussion when she probably cares about it as lowly as I do.

She mumbles a ‘mhmm’, before aligning her back straightly and folding her hands together.